Re: trying to setup Call Assistant for tv caller id......
e654562
I am having a similar issue.. and here is what I found out today.. you cannot have CALL WAITING CALLER ID. According to the guy I was IM'ing at FIOS tech support you must have them remove the call waiting caller id and just have basic caller id. If anyone else can confirm this that would be a great help.
0 Likes
Re: Cannot sign up for Call Assistant
thetick
I had the same issue. I enabled caller id from my STB. After talking to VCA support my userid was not setup for VCA since caller id from the STB does not require a userid. In a day my VCA was setup correctly.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@e654562 wrote:
I am having a similar issue.. and here is what I found out today.. you cannot have CALL WAITING CALLER ID. According to the guy I was IM'ing at FIOS tech support you must have them remove the call waiting caller id and just have basic caller id. If anyone else can confirm this that would be a great help.

Completely untrue. I have had Caller ID on TV for months, I have Caller ID and Call Waiting ID (those are the correct names of the features as shown on the Verizon website) and I can assure you that Caller ID on TV works just fine with both services. I have seen many times the popup on the TV when my wife has been using the home phone Smiley Very Happy

For completeness, here is a list of the features I have on my phone:

Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting

Caller ID (Anonymous Call Block Not Included)

Call Waiting ID

Verizon Call Assistant

You might want to check and see exactly which services you have on your phone, maybe another one is incompatible.

There is a tremendous amount of bad information out there on the Caller ID on TV service, I don't understand why Verizon doesn't come out with some complete and accurate item on their websites, here on the forum, etc, to set the record straight. And why they don't give their support techs the correct information. Really, really poorly handled IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
al7601

Ok, I finally got it.  I'll start by saying that I've spent hours wasting my time with Verizon's horrible customer service.  Apparently no one knows what's going and I think I spoke with or chatted with every tech in every dept.  The only way I was able to get this done was by finding out from these forums that we can request VCA over the phone.  I told one of the techs this and he conferenced in someone from that dept who at first argued with us that it can't be done by her, so Verizon like.  After a 5 minute conference and the 2 Verizon techs from different depts going at it, she finally gave in and setup VCA for me over the phone.  2-3 days later I received an email to activate VCA and then viola, it worked.  FINALLY.   Once again, I thank only the other users of these forums for their tips because if I didn't know what to request, Verizon would of never figured it out.   Now the VCA works and so does the tv caller id.   

good luck everyone.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad it was resolved. Please feel free to mark the most useful answer as your "solution", and give kudos to anyone who helped along the way.

0 Likes
e654562

This is what my bill looks like.. does anything appear like it would cause a problem?

Verizon Freedom Essentials

Call Waiting

Home Voice Mail (Call Forwarding not included)

Call Forwarding - Busy/Don't Answer

Message Rate Service

Call Waiting ID (Includes Caller ID)

Anonymous Call Rejection  

No International Calling Plan

0 Likes
e654562

So just got off the phone with another tech and a document just came out to them that states that if you get the message

"Caller id for fios tv is not available to customers without a home phone caller id subscription or with incompatible features such as distinctive ring. To order or change your service contact us at 1888 553-1555"

and your number was ported over from another carrier there is a problem right now and the developers are working on a fix.. .there is no hard time to fix this.. just another unknown timeline.. BUT atleast it is an answer and not as frustrated thinking it was for no reason!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON CALL ASSISTANT - WINDOWS 7
QuantumFluxx

Running 64-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate here. I have a few complaints about this software. I use this as part of my sidebar, everytime the computer reboots, the application "forgets" its position on the screen and resizes itself to fit the enitre right border of my screen, like an AIM buddy list (Running 1920x1200, so that's a pretty big border.)  I have to log into this thing everytime I reboot, I do not get pop-up notifications, and practically none of the controls work. I don't mind the "gadget-like" appearance, but all I really wanted was something that provided pop-up notifications IDing my incoming callers.

0 Likes
Re: Caller assistant Does not work
MACE

Here in NY, for the last year when I first signed up for VCA, I could always see incoming calls but not VoiceMail. This problem still exists today: when I try to set it up with the VM password I use on the phone, it states:

Error We are unable to sign in to your Voice Mail system due to either an invalid mailbox or Voice Mail passcode. Please check your mailbox and passcode by dialing into Voice Mail from your telephone. Then reset the passcode in the Voice Mail Retrieval Settings section. If this condition persists, please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-888-483-5156.

I guess I can try to fight the good battle with VCA CSS once again as last time I called them (months ago), they stated above was not yet available in NY...me thinks they lie!

BTW, tonight, I'm gonna try to setup CallerID via the STB to show up on TV....lets see how well that goes

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON CALL ASSISTANT - WINDOWS 7
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I would like to just try VC A however everytime I try to download it - it brings me to a screen that tells me to call my local office .  I can't even begin the download let alone install it . I run win 7 prof 32 bit - I do have distinctive ring on my line (fios phone) but don't see what the problem is as other people with distinctive ring tell me it works for them.  So am confused - i used to have it on another computer that has since died  -  so guess I will have to wait a little longer to get it

0 Likes