Re: Verizon Call Assistant - Can't sign up online
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't feel so bad now as I've only been trying a week!!

Appears to be impossible to order it as no matter what I do it just keeps presenting me with the TV bundles that are available.  Maybe if I ordered TV it would ten allow me to get there.

0 Likes
Re: Need assistance adding "Verizon Call Assistance"
VTFan

Before we got the Fios bundle, we had Vonage for home phone service.  I really liked Vonage and all of the features it provided.  I read about Call Assistant and assumed I would be getting virtually the same services once we switched.  However, the "We cannot process your request.  Call your local Verizon business office" error message on the Call Assistant web page got pretty annoying after 2 weeks.  After battling with customer service like you folks, I finally talked to someone that told me Call Assistant was not available to me because I have fiber-optic lines instead of copper.  The techs at the eCenter, which I called multiple times, should know something as basic as that, in my opinion.  Essentially, getting Fios gave me an upgrade from Cox (cable and internet) but a downgrade from Vonage (as far as services).

The only thing available to me now is having our home voice mail send me a text message when we get a new voice mail message.  I haven't tried it yet but it's pretty disappointing that that's all I get after being so happy with Vonage.  If I'd known what was truly going to be available to me before I switched, I would have stayed with Vonage and just gotten Fios internet and cable.  And I could have kept my old phone number.

0 Likes
Uanble to activate Call Assistant
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finally received a message saying my call assistant sign up was accepted and that I should activate it.  I get to the point of entering Userid and password and I get a message saying

We are experiencing a delay in setting up your account. Please try again later

Is this normal and if so how long does one have to wait normally?

Would like to get this resolved as soon as possible as I believe this is a prerequisite for getting caller id on TV to work.

0 Likes
Re: Uanble to activate Call Assistant
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

This message in the FIOS TV Technical Assistance forum probably explains what happened but not why it appears to be impossible to for me to sign up for VCA

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Caller-ID-questions/m-p/135735#M16811

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've managed to get Tech Support to manually activate my account and add my userid to it - the automatic adding of the userid which didn't occur was why I couldn't  activate it.

Now after logging on to the Call Assistant section am trying to download the software and it just sits there for ever downloading nothing.

Anybody have a copy of the Call Assistant software installer, It's apparently called    

NVerizonCallAssistant.exe 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finally managed to get the download to run and get VCA installed

Everything works great

Caller ID now appearing on TVs and PCs with no problems

0 Likes
Call Assistant on line
Bishop06

I want to see my land line calls on line.  I went thru the steps to get the call assistant activated last week. It is still not active. Shows 90% processed.  How long does this take? I think this is a little ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant on line
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

@Bishop06 wrote:

I want to see my land line calls on line.  I went thru the steps to get the call assistant activated last week. It is still not active. Shows 90% processed.  How long does this take? I think this is a little ridiculous.

The system has up to 24 hour delay.

0 Likes
Re: VCA Registration Issues
BARTONATOR

I too am unable to get anyone at Verizon to help me with my VCA registration. I registered and they emailed me saying my order had been fulfilled but when I log in it says I'm not registered. If I then try to reister it says "you already have it" and it is listed amongst my services.

Kind of ironic that an assistant needs assistance!

In Vonage it took me about 5mins to configure forwarding my voice mails to my email (what I really want out of this VCA).

I'm just amazed at how few people seem to have heard of this on the customer service side.

I'm sure if I could get my hands on the client I would be able to resolve this in about 2 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: VCA Registration Issues
daterps

I just signed up for Verizon Phone service, received a number of emails about Verizon Call Assistant and downloaded the client.  I was able to login to the verizon.com website using my ID and password, but not through the VCA desktop client on a Win XP machine.

I called tech support and they said that it would take 24-48 hours to get the database updated and then I should be able to login.  That happened last Wednesday.

I just called back in and waited on hold for 20 minutes before the latest tech support person told me that they are having issues with the service for the last 8 weeks and I wouldn't be able to login at all.

This is ridiculous.

And, on top of this, there is no way to automatically email a voicemail file to a designated destination.  C'mon Verizon...it is June 2010.  Get with the program and enable this functionality.

I came from Comcast Digital Voice and they didn't have it either, but I could probably spend 10 minutes studying how to write code and another 20 minutes to develop this myself. 

0 Likes