VCA Software/Upgrade Issues
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please post any software issue or problems upgrading VCA here.

New Version of Verizon Call Assistant
WETWHISTLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else think the new version of the Verizon Call Assistant is horrible? I downloaded it yesterday, and it sucks. It's not listing any of my calls or voicemails. What is the point then?!

I want the old one back.

Re: New Version of Verizon Call Assistant
Melvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issues. I can't see when a call is coming in or listen to my VM. Whenever I try accessing my VM, I keep getting the message "Please wait until your status is online." I got no clue what that means - as I am already online - and I have no one @ Verizon I can call in to find out what's going on Smiley Mad

Not sure why they changed something that was working just fine for this frustrating version!!???

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Have either of you called the VCA hotline? If not, why not? That is the proper way to report a problem with VCA.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Melvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Justin,

The only number I knew to call was (800) VER-IZON. I did indeed contact them in attempt to find out what's going on, but no one there seemed to have ever heard of call assistant.

I did spend some time in attempt to get a phone number where I could speak with some one that actually knew what I was refering to. Eventually my search brought me to this forum, which I was previously unaware of.

It may be a good suggestion for the VCA tech support to publicize their specific contact number in a way which makes it easier for us regular folks to find. (Perhaps in the Help Menu in the software program itself..)

0 Likes
ClearLeaf

{please keep your posts courteous} I have the same problem. The new VCA is awful. Verizon should be embarrassed to say the least.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Melvin wrote:

Justin,

The only number I knew to call was (800) VER-IZON. I did indeed contact them in attempt to find out what's going on, but no one there seemed to have ever heard of call assistant.

I did spend some time in attempt to get a phone number where I could speak with some one that actually knew what I was refering to. Eventually my search brought me to this forum, which I was previously unaware of.

It may be a good suggestion for the VCA tech support to publicize their specific contact number in a way which makes it easier for us regular folks to find. (Perhaps in the Help Menu in the software program itself..)

Well, when you go to the VCA home page

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/

after you log in, right there on the right side is the phone number for the VCA Help Desk. Don't know how much more they can do. Plus if you look at the Verizon Contacts page I created long ago here on the forums the phone number is there also:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-My-Account/Verizon-Contacts/m-p/9528

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ak46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not only horrible, just plain terrible.  Even if you turn off sidebar functionality it still pops in front when your mouse hits the side of the screen where the sidebar would be.  Thankfully I had the old version installer still on my machine.  Wow...and I thought the old version was a bit of a joke.  Verizon either needs to hire a programmer or consultant that has a clue or just throw in the towel and call it an unsupported feature of being a Verizon phone customer.

-A

Justin46
Legend

@ak wrote:

Not only horrible, just plain terrible.  Even if you turn off sidebar functionality it still pops in front when your mouse hits the side of the screen where the sidebar would be.  Thankfully I had the old version installer still on my machine.  Wow...and I thought the old version was a bit of a joke.  Verizon either needs to hire a programmer or consultant that has a clue or just throw in the towel and call it an unsupported feature of being a Verizon phone customer.

-A

I have to agree with most of what you say, the new version is pretty bad. And the new client doesn't even seem to include some of the stuff they have said on the VCA website was coming "soon." The one thing you say that I have not experienced is the sidebar popping up after being disabled, that does not happen for me (Windows 7, maybe that makes a difference).

Fortunately I have Caller ID on TV here in North Texas so I really don't need the VCA client running Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Melvin
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the record, I was originally unaware of both this Forum and the VCA website. My search for help brought me to this forum first, where I found someone else that was as frustrated as me at that time.

After my first posting I did indeed find the proper website, but after several attempts at gaining access to no avail, it became apparent that the VCA site was also not functioning properly. [Btw, I also don't believe Justin's "Contact page" will realistically help most customer's who will never know how to find it..]

I will therefore reiterate my prior suggestion to include the relevant contact info directly within the program.

I'm not sure why the VCA staff would not want to make things more user-friendly in case us regular folks experience a problemn???

Thank You.

0 Likes