Re: New Version of Verizon Call Assistant
ak46
Enthusiast - Level 3
Running Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit). Although I tried logging out and back in, I didn't reboot. Even if it didn't pop-up with sidebar disabled, the screen layout is totally user unfriendly, does not remember window size or position, and lacks the ability to save the password and automatically log in (like the old version did). -A
0 Likes
TVee

So?  Has anyone figured out yet how to delete this new awful, non-functioning version and replace it with the old one?   I still had the old program download version on my computer and tried to install it - but all it gave me was two shortcuts and sign-ins leading to the same awful new version.   I'm afraid to totally delete it first, for fear of losing my entire addressbook.   HELP!

0 Likes
TVee

After the usual frustrating runaround on the Verizon website (blank stares from automated online assistant), non-functioning chat assistant (unavailable "today"), and no option to send an email (every time I tried to fill out the fields on the request-for-tech-assistance page, I was bounced to the online, no-human-contact sites) -    Smiley Mad   -  I went back to square one.  Me.

Fortunately I still had the old 2.7.55 download file on my computer.  I gingerly deleted the new, non-functioning, non-user-friendly version 2.7.70 from my computer (praying that I did not lose my entire address book), and reinstalled the trusty old 2.7.55.  

Note to Verizon ....  Smiley Tongue     Please let us know when you have a new, improved, functional version of the Verizon Call Assistant (VCA).  

0 Likes
tangible

Similar problems to others at first, but now it seems to allow me in.

I did find a user guide for Verizon Call Assistant online, but it talks about the "Netscape browser" (but not Firefox), and support for Outlook 98 and 2000 (but not 2003 or 2007). I'm assuming this is a version of the guide from many years ago. Is there a more up to date guide?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to the most up to date version of the VCA User Guide:

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/documents/userguide.pdf

This one contains graphics showing the brand new PC client just released so it is definitely the most up to date (but it still does mention Netscape Smiley Sad )

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jwh21236

Is anyone having serious graphics issues with the new version?? I am getting odd little horizontal lines all through the real-time display and they actually bleen off of the display to the desktop?? Anyone experienceing this??

0 Likes
HEADS UP - Call Assistant Upgrade to V2.7.70 brought "friends"
D-I-Ytelecommgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did the upgrade yesterday. Zonealarm virus scan: complaining about HEUR:trojan-downloader Win32.Generic  in the verizon call assistant.exe in the Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ folder. ZA has it under control but I thought I'd better post a "heads up". I've also e-mailed support.

0 Likes
PhilGold

I just called the Help Center number (which by the way is 1-888-483-5156).  You press 1 for verizon call assistant and the first thing you hear is a message telling you that they are aware of the problem and working on a solution.  I know that companies often put out buggy software, but putting one non-working software and then telling you that they are working on the problem is horrible.  Why not just roll everyone back to the older version.

Phil Goldwasser

0 Likes
ITGuy

Wow.  Thank Goodness for this site.   Not that it will help those that previously "upgraded" to the new version.    But having read this when I was out of town this week and before I logged into VCA,   I knew NOT to select the option to "upgrade".    And I am SURE that I WOULD HAVE,  had I not read this in advance.   I know it doesn't help, but Thanks Guys for posting here for others to see this.    

0 Likes
Re: HEADS UP - Call Assistant Upgrade to V2.7.70 brought "friends"
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello, D-I-Ytelecommgr- thank you for the heads up!

I assure you that you did not obtain that trojan by updating Verizon Call Assistant.  While something of that nature is not impossible, it is improbable.  That, in addition to the fact that there yet to be any other documented cases of this happening to anyone because they updated Call Assistant, leads me to believe that the malware was acquired otherwise.

While doing some research on this particular malware, it has become evident that it can be obtained very easily by simply visiting compromised websites.

In any event, if you Google "HEUR:trojan-downloader Win32.Generic" you will find multiple recommendations for removing the malware.  Again, I'm sorry to hear that you were infected.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes