Re: Verizon Call Assistant 2.7.79 bugs..Pls do not merge with "Installation problems"
AnnH

It's amazing that I have seen posts here for VCA 2.7.79 for over 6 weeks with no reply as to how to fix it.

I installed this on my mother's PC a couple of days ago and it seemed to work fine for the first day. Now I do not see any calls for over 4 days. I can get into the web site and see my calls, etc.without a problem and the popup shows on the TV sets.

I even tried removing the software, rebooting, disabling the firewall, etc. but everytime I get the popup about sign-in Failed.  It keeps coming up. I went to the store for an hour yesterday and when I came back it had tried 19 times!!!

I also agree that a company as big as Verizon should have a better call system. I have Comcast and their digitalvoice is great! I can listen to voice mail, see incoming, missed and outgoing calls (which VZ does not do) and all with caller-id info to boot..  I was going to switch to VZ when my Comcast contract expired but decided not to for various reasons, including this. I use the Comcast tool all the time from work.

0 Likes
Re: VCA Software/Upgrade Issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. For help with Verizon products or services, you should seek assistance via live chat or email at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Jim-M

Elizabeth,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, no resolution to either the immediate or ongoing problems have been offered via that channel.  As a Verizon employee and moderator on this board, what is your suggestion as to the next steps to take in resolving these long time problems?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I apologize, but unfortunately we cannot answer that question. A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are typically unable to provide support information for products or services.

Regards,
ElizabethS

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps it's time to back out of Version 2.7.79 which was obviously nevber QA'd and go back to the previous version which did somewhat work.

I actually had 2.7.79 working up to the last few days and as of today it now appears to be totally dead again, or perhaps it's just the servers that are gone away?

0 Likes
Re: New Version of Verizon Call Assistant
marie81149

I had to buy a new computer, which comes with Windows 7 - my call assistant does not work at all.  They told me at tech support that I will just have to wiat till they upgrade their software for compability with 7. Does anyone else have windows 7 and use the call assistant. If so, tell me how to make it work, or else I guess I am just screwed once again, lol. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The only way that I know how to get it to work is to do two things.

1. You have to run it in compatability mode for win.xp sp2.
2. You have to make sure that vzcallassistant.exe is added to your firewalls programs exception list.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls

Here is a good site that gives general walk throughs on how to add programs to the worlds most popular firewalls.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

In order to use/manage call assistant via Web Access do you need to install call assistant software on your PC. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JustaGuy wrote:

In order to use/manage call assistant via Web Access do you need to install call assistant software on your PC. 

No.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes