Switch Account

VCA Software/Upgrade Issues

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

VCA Software/Upgrade Issues

Message 35 of 71
(15,160 Views)

Please post any software issue or problems upgrading VCA here.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

70 REPLIES 70
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Call Assistant missing messages

Message 20 of 71
(15,664 Views)
Hi there, For some reason the old version of Call Assistant on my PC and the Message inbox on the Verizon Web Site were out of sync. A message left while we were out could be accessed on the phone or on the Web Site but did not show through Call Assistant. Three calls to Verizon could not solve the problem and I eventually stumbled upon a solution. I used the advice give in another thread:- 'Go and open My Computer,then go and open, the "C" folder then go and open, Program Files folder then go and open Verizon then go and open Call Assistant folder,then go to DCClient_Retail right click on it to edit(in notepad) ,then go edit line HostIPAddress" value="www36.verizon.com" to HostIPAddress" value="www36p.verizon.com", then save the file and restart the computer. This should fix the problem and you can use Call Assistant' With the upgrade, Call Assistant has again become unsynced for messages and they can be heard through the phone or on the Internet - but not on my computer. The Verizon folder on my PC no longer contains the files to change as above. Because of the time I spend on the phone to Verizon whenever I call them... does anyone have a clue how to solve this issue? thanks in anticipation. Allan
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Call Assistant/Always Opens w/ Windows XP Startup

Message 22 of 71
(15,751 Views)

For some unknown reason the Call Assistant opens when Windows XP is opened. Unchecked (Launch at initial CA installation) and since then have it unchecked. Have deleted/modified/changed all registry starup keys, (Run, RunOnce, etc). After deleting  the "run policy' key get a CA  pop up advising CA will no longer launch at startup, but with a day the CA will again launch itself. Have checked and removed from MSConfig, startup menu with no sucess. Can anyone offer any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

HEADS UP - Call Assistant Upgrade to V2.7.70 brought "friends"

Message 16 of 71
(16,519 Views)

Did the upgrade yesterday. Zonealarm virus scan: complaining about HEUR:trojan-downloader Win32.Generic  in the verizon call assistant.exe in the Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ folder. ZA has it under control but I thought I'd better post a "heads up". I've also e-mailed support.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: HEADS UP - Call Assistant Upgrade to V2.7.70 brought "friends"

Message 19 of 71
(16,436 Views)

Hello, D-I-Ytelecommgr- thank you for the heads up!

I assure you that you did not obtain that trojan by updating Verizon Call Assistant.  While something of that nature is not impossible, it is improbable.  That, in addition to the fact that there yet to be any other documented cases of this happening to anyone because they updated Call Assistant, leads me to believe that the malware was acquired otherwise.

While doing some research on this particular malware, it has become evident that it can be obtained very easily by simply visiting compromised websites.

In any event, if you Google "HEUR:trojan-downloader Win32.Generic" you will find multiple recommendations for removing the malware.  Again, I'm sorry to hear that you were infected.

Regards,

Chris

Christian
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HEADS UP - Call Assistant Upgrade to V2.7.70 brought "friends"

Message 24 of 71
(16,326 Views)

Here's a second report.  I've got the same report from a ZoneAlarm virus scan last night.  In the past years I've seen several , what I hope are false, virus/Trojan/mal-ware reports from various VZ provided software packages.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

New Version of Verizon Call Assistant

Message 1 of 71
(19,319 Views)

Does anyone else think the new version of the Verizon Call Assistant is horrible? I downloaded it yesterday, and it sucks. It's not listing any of my calls or voicemails. What is the point then?!

I want the old one back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Version of Verizon Call Assistant

Message 2 of 71
(19,291 Views)

I'm experiencing the same issues. I can't see when a call is coming in or listen to my VM. Whenever I try accessing my VM, I keep getting the message "Please wait until your status is online." I got no clue what that means - as I am already online - and I have no one @ Verizon I can call in to find out what's going on Smiley Mad

Not sure why they changed something that was working just fine for this frustrating version!!???

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 71
(19,261 Views)

Have either of you called the VCA hotline? If not, why not? That is the proper way to report a problem with VCA.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 71
(19,257 Views)

Justin,

The only number I knew to call was (800) VER-IZON. I did indeed contact them in attempt to find out what's going on, but no one there seemed to have ever heard of call assistant.

I did spend some time in attempt to get a phone number where I could speak with some one that actually knew what I was refering to. Eventually my search brought me to this forum, which I was previously unaware of.

It may be a good suggestion for the VCA tech support to publicize their specific contact number in a way which makes it easier for us regular folks to find. (Perhaps in the Help Menu in the software program itself..)

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.