VERIZON FIOS - Not being allowed to port # from old address to new
daze20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all,

I am moving on August 30th to a new apartment in Brooklyn, and just put in an order for Fios Internet and Voice service at my new address.  I currently have Verizon voice and DSL service at the current address I am moving from on a copper line, also in Brooklyn.

The ordering system did not give me the option to keep my existing phone number.  I chatted with an agent thru the ordering process online, and they are telling me due to the area code "my phone number is no longer available".  This doesn't make sense to me

I've had this number for 16 years and it would be very difficult to lose it.  I'm not understanding the restriction, as I thought phone number portability was the law of the land.

If anyone has any insight into how to manage this it would be helpful.  I'm hoping the agent I spoke with was simply speaking from their limited access to the system.  This would be a giant annoyance to have to relinquish my number.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VERIZON FIOS - Not being allowed to port # from old address to new
daze20
Enthusiast - Level 2

A CSR was able to resolve this over the phone.  Verizon has so many customer service teams in varying offices/countries.  I received completely conflicting information regarding this depending on what office I called.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
daze20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the issue here Verizon can't port a number within its own network?  I just read there may be some limitations around that.

0 Likes
daze20
Enthusiast - Level 2

A CSR was able to resolve this over the phone.  Verizon has so many customer service teams in varying offices/countries.  I received completely conflicting information regarding this depending on what office I called.

0 Likes