Verizon Call Assistant (VCA v2.7.79) Sign-In Failure - DAILY! err!
turner691

My computer is on 24/7.  No viruses, no spyware.

Every single day when I get on my computer in the morning the Verizon Call Assistant has at least 1-5 popup windows telling me "Sign-In Failed, Please try again."

The computer is running, no suspend mode, no screen saver, drives run continuous.  (the power company loves me)

WHY is this software doing this!!?

I'm pretty good with computers and have no problems with other software.   Internet working fine, no disconnects or anything.  

1)  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the VCA

2)  I've signed in online to the web-based VCA with no problems.

3)  I've clicked OK on the error windows and it then signs me right in.

Is there software disconnecting me from the VCA server after a period of time of no computer use?   I can use the computer all day long and it never gives me the error.   Its after the computer sits for many hours, or overnight with no human interaction.    Again, no screen saver or "power savers".   The only thing I do is blank the monitor after 4 hours.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant (VCA v2.7.79) Sign-In Failure - DAILY! err!
turner691

Three days later.....   same thing.    I start to use my computer Monday morning and I have 6 Sign-In Failure windows on my screen to greet me and my coffee.

Verizon, what is the deal?   The call logs are all screwed up too because it signed itself out.  ERR!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Make sure to add vzcallasssistant.exe to both windows firewall and whatever other firewall you have on your pc. Let me know if that helps
0 Likes
VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. I'm sorry for the trouble. Are you still experiencing the issue? If so, let me know and I'll be happy to assist.

0 Likes
AirForceChief

I experience the same error on a daily basis.  I now sign in and out, but never stay logged in to avoid the errors.

0 Likes
DavidGo

Yes, the constant failures of VCA have been a  problem ever since I started using the program almost 2 years  ago.  I have to turn it off at night and restart again the next day.  Running Windows7.  I think the program needs another upgrade, but VCA seems to be  supported somewhere in California and the local (MA) people know nothing about it.  It is nice when it works, but it is buggy.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Are you running it in compatability mode for xp sp2? Its not technically supported on win 7 but works recently in compatability mode. Kinda hit or miss though.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
*decently
0 Likes
anatasia1

My Verizon Call Assistant pop up will not let me in, keeps saying "log in failed."  It was working four days ago.  When I am on the computer, I cannot receive a notice of the incoming caller.  What should I do?

0 Likes