Verizon Call Assistant website login error & other issues
AdamKlein

I have had FiOS for about a month (10/2MB Internet, TV, and phone).  I signed up for and have been intermittently able to access Verizon Call Assistant about a week ago.  If I go to http://www.verizon.com/callassistant, I get the VCA screen, and try to log in.  Every time, my login fails with an error "Blah".

If I go to http://www.verizon.com, I get a display of my services, including (only when logged in from my home), a short list of recent calls to my home.  If I click on the detail link, I get into Verizon Call Assistant automatically (no login required).  At home, I'm running Linux, so I can't run the Call Assistant program (anyone know if there's a version for Linux?)

Also, VCA does not list voicemails.  I had a call the other day which left a voicemail and purposely did not check it for several (over six) hours, to see if it would eventually show up on VCA.  The call appeared almost immediately, but the voicemail never appeared (I eventually listened to and deleted it).

Anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant website login error & other issues
Justin46
Legend

Adam,

1) I use this link to get to the web Call Assistant site: https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/. Don't know if it will work any better than the one you have been using, but you might try it. I have never had a login fail.

2) have Flash blocked on my browser (I selectively allow Flash using IE7Pro), so apparently Call Assistant does not use flash. But it may need some other service that I don't block. So the question is, do you have any graphic or script "stuff" blocked that the site might need?

3) I am not aware of a Linux client. You don't have a Windows system at home that you can install the client on? The client needs some enhancements, but it is a start. And I too would like a Linux client, I have dual boot on both my desktop and laptop.  

4) I don't use voicemail so I cannot provide any experience or advice for that. 

I suggest you contact the Help Desk for Call Assistant (1-888-483-5156). I have called them twice, right when I first started using Call Assistant, and they answered the phone quickly, called back when they said they would, and were very helpful.

Good luck, I hope you can get your problems resolved. I like having Call Assistant, although I have passed along via the Help Desk a number of improvements I think they need to make (and now we just wait and hope......)

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

Ketzl

Adam,

I'm having the same problem: the Call Assistant (over DSL) will not display voice mails or allow me access to my voice mail either through the client or the web site. Like your situation, my calls display correctly and instantaneously.

It's better now than it was when I first installed VCA: It repeatedly told me I was not a voice mail subscriber, which of course I am. Spent the better part of an hour waiting for tech support, who identified the problem and promised to have it fixed within 48 hours.

At this point I can reach the voice mail page without it telling me I'm not a subscriber, but it won't accept my passcode (and why do they call it a "passcode" here, when it's "password" on the voice mail system? Is there another code I'm lacking?) because the system repeats that it cannot access my voice mailbox either because of an invalid voice mail account or an incorrect passcode.

I like the idea of VCA, but I am not wild about the idea of wasting another hour or so on the chance that someone will be able to get it working for me, so if anyone has any ideas how to fix it myself, I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

Joe

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Joe/Adam,

Have you guys called Call Assistant tech support?  They should be able to help you or get your call to the right folks who can.  It sounds like you might be having a vm switch specific problem.  Are you guys in the same general area?  Think about it.  Verizon was made up of BellAtlantic, NYNEX, GTE and a couple others I think.  Each 'phone company' had different voice mail switches so it might be something unique to your switch.

I don't know for sure, just guessing.  But I doubt there is anything you can do on your end since you're getting the call information and not the voice mail info.  

Good luck.  It's working fine for me and I'm loving it.

MM

0 Likes
mas72

Adam:  I was having the same difficulty that you describe.  After many calls to technical support I learned that my username must be entered in all caps for the Call Assistant portal; I use lower case for the verizon.com site.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ketzl
Yes, I had called tech support, as I mentioned in my message, but I wasn't crazy about calling again and waiting in line for a rep. The voice mail feature started working eventually about a week later. Three days after that I actually got a call from someone telling me I could start using it. Three days after that I got an instruction booklet from Verizon telling me how to set up and use my voice mail, which had been in use for some time by then.
0 Likes
Heavydpj
Enthusiast - Level 2
I can see my calls and voice messages just fine.  I cant seem to figure out ow to get sound when I play them though.  Before you ask, yes, the sound works just fine with everything else.
0 Likes
Cage22
Enthusiast - Level 1
Does anyone know what port number this software uses? (i.e. TCP/IP port number)
ceciliob

Adam,

When I am able to see the verizon.com page I have the chance to log in. After the log in I could no find the CALL ASSISTANT SERVICE. After reading your message I was able to go directly to the url: verizon.com/callassistant.

Is there a way to go from the verizon home page to callassistant or they forgot to put a link in the verizon home page?

Other detail: I can not see what is the contractual service level of my internet account with verizon. The site offers me to upgrade and them crashes but I would like to see what verizon has for my standard speed. I have great variations of internet connection during the day. It is frustrating. Sometimes I have the impression that plain DSL was better than Fios Internet.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
AdamKlein
If you log into "My account", look under "My home phone" and click on "View call log details"  That should open the web version of Call Assistant.  At least that works for me.
Adam

@ceciliob wrote:

Adam,

When I am able to see the verizon.com page I have the chance to log in. After the log in I could no find the CALL ASSISTANT SERVICE. After reading your message I was able to go directly to the url: verizon.com/callassistant.

Is there a way to go from the verizon home page to callassistant or they forgot to put a link in the verizon home page?

Other detail: I can not see what is the contractual service level of my internet account with verizon. The site offers me to upgrade and them crashes but I would like to see what verizon has for my standard speed. I have great variations of internet connection during the day. It is frustrating. Sometimes I have the impression that plain DSL was better than Fios Internet.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes