Verizon Call Assistant
FairfaxKid1
Enthusiast - Level 2
For some time, I have had the "wireless notification" feature for my voicemail.  This provides a free text message to my Verizon wireless phone whenever I receive a new voicemail message at home.  After I signed up for Verizon Call Assistant, the "wireless notification" feature stopped working.  Has anyone else noticed this?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Isn't that also a feature of call assistant?  Maybe Call Assistant turned off your vm notification and you have to turn it back on with the call Assistant.

Dont' know for sure.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
FairfaxKid1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think it was (is) a feature within IOBI, but so far does not appear to be a feature within Call Assisstant.  Would this be a "free" text message is it is with the "wireless notification" feature of vm?
0 Likes
SYGENITA

Are you getting billed for it?

If not, then it is not probably activated. In my case I cancelled it due to the high risk of getting billed even though it is called a " Free " feature.

Cheers,

0 Likes
FairfaxKid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Wireless notification" is an no-cost added feature of home voice mail, but it must be activated separately.  It has worked well for me for many months.   When I check the features on my phone line, it shows one-point voice-mail, wireless notification, and Verizon call assistant.  The only that has changed is the addition of Verizon call assistant.

I suspect that there is a conflict between the features.  That is why I asked if anyone else was having the same problem.  Maybe I am the only who uses "wireless notification."

0 Likes
Zman

Just started using Verizon Call Assistant.

I've added some family members and friends in my contact list.

Most of my contacts have multiple #'s, cell, home, work, etc.

However, VCA does not show the # of my contact, just the name.

It would be helpful to see the phone #, or an icon, to distinguish work,cell, or home #.

Does anyone know if there is a setting for this?

0 Likes