Re: Verizon Call Assistant
Justin46
Legend

HenryFarpolo wrote: 

On Friday when I started my PC, when CA opened there was a popup that stated there was a mandatory update for CA. When I downloaded the update, CA stopped  functioning....it couldn't access the server.

Seems like a long time to wait, if it won't be fixed until the end of the month. You are indeed fortunate, that you missed this one!!

Henry,

Thanks for the info.

I have done a little looking at what I have. The program that gets executed when I start CA is VZVidgetEngine.exe, which has a version of 2.7.28.0 and it appears I installed it on 4/28/08. Of course there are other CA-related files in the same folder.

I went to the folder where I store all of my downloads and I find a file called VerizonCallAssistant,exe with a date of 4/27/09. So it appears my memory is a little faulty, apparently I did download an updated CA, replacing the original download, but I never installed it, and thus I guess that is the reason mine is still working. And based on what all of you are saying about the new version I am not going to install it!

You are right, it is an awfuly long time to wait for a working version; as I said, I don't understand why they don't just make the old version available again until the fixed new one is ready. Not very good PR in my view....

Edit: Henry, is it worth it to you if I try to go back to one of my backups and pull off the original download version? It is 5 MB+, I could try attaching it to an email and sending it to you if you have enough space in your inbox (I do not have a file server). PM me if you are interested and I will see what I can do.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 06-07-2009 11:00 AM
0 Likes
TerryB
I just looked up my version. It's 2.7.55, installed on 6-2-09. I'm stiil getting the message that one of the serevers are down.
0 Likes
Re: Call assistant not working after upgraded
Justin46
Legend

There is a thread over in the FiOS TV forum (wrong place I know) on this same subject, one poster saysthe upgrade was supposedly to fix the Caller ID failure problem that some users experienced:

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=11200

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 06-07-2009 03:11 PM
0 Likes
ptr7272

I had call assitant activated a few weeks ago, but never tried to use it.

Yesterday  I tried activating on the website, tried again today, and keep on getting this error:

"We are experiencing a delay in setting up your account. Please try again later." 

Do you think it is related to the problem discussed in this thread?

P. 

0 Likes
guyland123

Ha!  I don't know my voicemail access number either.  I have always used VCA.

BTW, you can also just log into the web site to listen to the voicemail, you don't have to use the desktop client.

0 Likes
vpac1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Go and open My Computer,then go and open, the "C" folder then go and open, Program Files folder then go and open Verizon then go and open Call Assistant folder,then go to DCClient_Retail right click on it to edit(in notepad) ,then go edit line HostIPAddress" value="www36.verizon.com" to HostIPAddress" value="www36p.verizon.com", then save the file and restart the computer. This should fix the problem and you can use Call Assistant
CCBhatt1
Yes that work out.
0 Likes
Don_Hao
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you! Your advice has my call assistant working again. 
0 Likes
Flintwood
Enthusiast - Level 1
Appreciate the point on help which corrected the problem.  Two frustrating hours being bounced all over the world, to people (half of whom did not speak recognizable English) I couldn't even find anyone that admitted either knowing or having responsibility for the program.  Had it not been for an automated message from Verizon inquiring how well they had "solved" my problem I would have not found this site.  Thanks again 
0 Likes
TerryB

Okay, I did the new file. But I'm back where I started. I can access my VCA, but I can't do anything beyond checking my calls. When I try to use the drop down menu everything freezes.

Message Edited by TerryB on 06-11-2009 11:29 AM
0 Likes