Switch Account

Verizon Call Assistant

Verizon Call Assistant

SOLVED
Contributor courtpassant
Contributor
Message 8 of 27
(13,257 Views)

Call assistant was working fine on my Vista machine, but after it upgraded to new software, it cant connect to the server.

I checked my firewall and all.

Any ideas what to do?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled.

Still wont connect.

Copper Contributor MoopMeep
Copper Contributor
Message 9 of 27
(13,251 Views)

Me too. I have Vista 64-bit. Call Assistant insisted that I upgrade it a couple of days ago. Since the upgrade, when I try to start it complains that it can't connect to one of the servers.

The ironic part is that I have an answering machine but I also have verizon voicemail. The day after upgrading call assistant, I get a call from verizon that went to verizon voicemail. Since I have FIOS tv, I am assuming they are trying to sell me HBO again Smiley Happy. Anyhow, since I can't get call assistance to work, I can't listen to the voicemail Smiley Happy

Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 13 of 27
(13,234 Views)

There is a thread over in the FiOS TV forum (wrong place I know) on this same subject, one poster saysthe upgrade was supposedly to fix the Caller ID failure problem that some users experienced:

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=11200

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 06-07-2009 03:11 PM
Contributor ptr727
Contributor
Message 14 of 27
(13,182 Views)

I had call assitant activated a few weeks ago, but never tried to use it.

Yesterday  I tried activating on the website, tried again today, and keep on getting this error:

"We are experiencing a delay in setting up your account. Please try again later." 

Do you think it is related to the problem discussed in this thread?

P. 

Contributor guyland123
Contributor
Message 15 of 27
(13,150 Views)

Ha!  I don't know my voicemail access number either.  I have always used VCA.

BTW, you can also just log into the web site to listen to the voicemail, you don't have to use the desktop client.

Highlighted
Contributor vpac
Contributor
Message 16 of 27
(13,149 Views)
Go and open My Computer,then go and open, the "C" folder then go and open, Program Files folder then go and open Verizon then go and open Call Assistant folder,then go to DCClient_Retail right click on it to edit(in notepad) ,then go edit line HostIPAddress" value="www36.verizon.com" to HostIPAddress" value="www36p.verizon.com", then save the file and restart the computer. This should fix the problem and you can use Call Assistant
Contributor CCBhatt
Contributor
Message 17 of 27
(13,084 Views)
Yes that work out.
Contributor Don_Hao
Contributor
Message 18 of 27
(13,057 Views)
Thank you! Your advice has my call assistant working again. 
Contributor Flintwood
Contributor
Message 19 of 27
(13,030 Views)
Appreciate the point on help which corrected the problem.  Two frustrating hours being bounced all over the world, to people (half of whom did not speak recognizable English) I couldn't even find anyone that admitted either knowing or having responsibility for the program.  Had it not been for an automated message from Verizon inquiring how well they had "solved" my problem I would have not found this site.  Thanks again 
Contributor TerryB
Contributor
Message 20 of 27
(12,994 Views)

Okay, I did the new file. But I'm back where I started. I can access my VCA, but I can't do anything beyond checking my calls. When I try to use the drop down menu everything freezes.

Message Edited by TerryB on 06-11-2009 11:29 AM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.