Switch Account

Verizon Call Assistant

Verizon Call Assistant

Contributor JS
Contributor
Message 1 of 18
(8,601 Views)

I may be the only one, but I'm not sure this product exists.  Here's the background:

First, I tried to register online, with no success.  Upon reading these forums, there was a suggestion to email tech support, which I did.  Here's an excerpt of the reply I received:

Unfortunately, you can not order this service online. In order to
provide you with the best customer service, please contact our Consumer
Sales and Solutions Center directly to order 1- 888-583-8111Monday
through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Time.

Well, that's interesting.....  So, like any other hapless fool, I called that number hoping for some resolution.  NO ONE I SPOKE TO THERE EVEN KNEW WHAT THE SERVICE WAS.

After appx 25 minutes, I was able to get in touch with someone in tech support who logged a ticket for me, and assured me that after an overnight batch process, I would be able to activate the service.  Of course, the next morning, I called them back at the tech suppport number they gave me:  800-275-2355.  Not to be outdone, the folks I talked to that day had no idea what the service was either.  Over the course of the next 45 minutes, following are all of the different numbers I was connected to:

800-942-5000 

800-567-6789

877-427-2700 (E-care??)

800-660-2215

866-326-7937

412-497-0515 ('local' business office)

800-275-2355 (For those of you paying attention, this is the number I started out at!)

And then finally, 888-483-5156

The last number is apparently an outsource tech group who's working with Verizon.  The gentleman I spoke to seemed eager to help, but the solution would require a Developer to code, and there was only one on duty due to vacations, etc.  I was assured that this would be fixed by Mon or Tues of next week (yes, after a week of trying to get this resolved).

We'll see what happens, but the lack of product knowledge and service within Verizon as a whole is absolutely dumbfounding.

17 REPLIES 17
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 18
(8,533 Views)
Did you try www.verizon.com/callassistant?  There is a "Get It Now" button on the bottom right of the page.
Contributor JS
Contributor
Message 3 of 18
(8,525 Views)
Yes - tried that.  That's when I first ran into problems, and the email response indicated you couldn't order it online. 
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 4 of 18
(8,514 Views)

I have the same issue.  It seems this product does not exist and Verizon cannot \ is not concerned about, helping me.   I SPECIFICALLY upgraded to get VCA.    When I call the help TN (1-888-483-5156) they tell me, "Yes, we see the order."  B UT, "it was missed at provisioning time."  The first time I called back after 24 hours from making the first call, they advised that "the development team has not yet had time to get to it."   and they cannot tell me anything else.  They do not even offer to try to give me any other excuses or reasons or anything other than, "well, I'm sorry, Sir."  And they tell me there is no one else to talk to.

BUT, If I now cancel the upgrade that I ordered TO GET THE VCA, they will charge me the early termination fee. 

And this is a Verizon operated and monitored forum, but still they do or say nothing.

Great business!

cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 5 of 18
(8,485 Views)

VCA does exists, I have been using it since I got FIOS in April.

Perhaps they do not have it rolled out to all areas of the country which is why a developer would need to get involved.

Working in the Philadelphia Suburbs.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 6 of 18
(8,450 Views)

my order # = {edited for privacy} 

I have received my first bill for this non existing VCA

what would you do?

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-13-2009 08:14 PM
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 7 of 18
(8,430 Views)

When it showed up on your bill, did it have a Zero Dollar Amount ?

I would call the 888-483-5156 number for VCA Support.  When I had a problem getting it on my account they were helpfull.  We had to take way too many baby steps, but it eventually got done.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Contributor MarkS1909
Contributor
Message 8 of 18
(8,397 Views)

I'm also unable to "get it now" via the web page...I don't see it in the option list...

Located in the philly suburbs....

The only thing that I don't have activated is the voice mail..

Did not try calling them....

Contributor melissamelissa
Contributor
Message 9 of 18
(8,347 Views)
I cannot get this either, through the website OR through calling.  I was told during sign up I could recieve this.  How on earth do we get this product activated?
Contributor KPHTH
Contributor
Message 10 of 18
(8,321 Views)
I'm also located in suburban Philadelphia.  FIOS was recently installed in my neighborhood.  In any case, I too was hoping to use the CallAssistant feature, much like I used to with my old CableTV/I'net/Phone provider.  Every time I try to activate I receive an error stating that I have not ordered the service (when using my phone number), or that my user id cannot be found in the system.  This feature is supposed to be included with my phone service.  I specifically was told that it would be included when I signed on with Verizon.  I called Verizon support at (888)-553-1555, but the representative was not familiar with CallAssistant.  After "researching" the issue, he mentioned this is not available with a "landline" phone (I guess as oppsed their VZ internet phone service).  I'm not buying it.  I'll dig a little deeper by calling the CallAssistant support line.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.