Verizon DSL filters
willismore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had FIOS triple play installed.   I previously had Verizon HSI/DSL which required a filter on each jack with a phone.   My kitchen phone has a standard wall plate jack with a filter plate added to it with one of these filters built in.  The installer did not remove it when they installed FIOS.  As it sticks out from the wall quite a bit, and figuring it was no longer needed anyway,  I removed this plate containing the built in DSL filter and plugged the phone directly into the original wall plate jack.  I had no dial-tone after I did this.   I put the filter plate back and dial-tone returned.

Is this correct?   Do I really still need these filters with my new FIOS voice service in order to get dial tone?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL filters
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need the filters for regular home FIOS service.  Not sure about apartment installs which are different. It should not cause any problems to leave any in place if its not easy to remove them.  

Not clear what you did that would cause you to not have a dial tone.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL filters
willismore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply.   I removed the filter again and this time had good dial tone on the jack.  Issue resolved!