Verizon Fios - Phone outage in NJ
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday around 5 p.m. I noticed that my Fios phone service was having problems.  I can receive calls however my voice to the person calling is very garbled and when I speak there is about a 5 second delay until my voice reaches them.  When I try to make a call, I get a dial tone but then when it gets to the end of the number, instead of a ring it doesn't do anything, or it goes silent and then a dial tone comes back on.  So I haven't been able to make calls since yesterday.  When I called tech support they said the whole state of NJ had an outage and that they couldn't even run a test on my line because the system wouldn't let them.  They put in a trouble ticket and the problem was supposed to be fixed by 5 p.m. today, but as of 11:55 p.m., it still isn't fixed.  I'm concerned about not having my phone this long to make calls and I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this outage and if it will be fixed soon.  I'm not sure if calling tech support again will help since I already have a trouble ticket out that is still open for this problem.

Anyway, any info or updates on this outage in NJ would be appreciated!  I'm in the southern NJ area.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios - Phone outage in NJ
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your phone issues. If you are still experiencing a problem please send me a private message so I can help out.

0 Likes