Verizon Fios rep says that I can not port my number.
nirav817

I had Verizon number for about 14 years and I recently moved to a new house and got Fios. When they signed up for Fios triple play on phone, the sales rep said that my number will be transferred to my new location. Meanwhile, I was given temporary number. Installation was done and I was told that the old number be active by 5pm that day. Did not happen. Called verizon back and they said it would take another 24 hrs. No success and I called back. Same response again and was told to wait 2 days now. Called again and finally spoke to someone who said that she will straighened everything out and will call in 48 hrs. Got no response on 3rd day so I called back. By now, I must've called about 4-5 times regarding this issue. Finally, they told me that after sending trouble ticket, back end department told them that the number can NOT be transferred. They said it is copper based line and can not be put on Fios network, which is digital network. I told her that Vonage said they can port it and she said they can NOT port it either, because it is a copper line number. I had spoken to Vonage before getting Fios and was told that they can port it without any problem. Just to confirm again, I called Vonage and I was told that the number is portable. I want that same number but Fios won't give it to me. Feels like they told me they could port number originally just to get my business. Did anyone else have same problem? Any way to resolve it?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios rep says that I can not port my number.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes