Re: Verizon Still Will Not Fix Copper Lines
Henrysmooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

YUUUP!

0 Likes
Disgruntled1104

I woke up this morning to no internet service.  Calling technical support is pointless, because their only solution is to switch my account over to Fios.  I do not want Fios phone service. In the event of an extended power outage, I'd loose your phone service after the back up power supply dies and that's not acceptable to me.  Their ludacris recommendation was for me to buy a generator.  People should not be forced to switch over.  And if I opt to keep my landline I should be able to do so and still be able to have Fios internet.  I have had service with Verizon for 48 years, and this is the worst customer service I have ever received.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Disgruntled1104 wrote:

I woke up this morning to no internet service.  Calling technical support is pointless, because their only solution is to switch my account over to Fios.  I do not want Fios phone service. In the event of an extended power outage, I'd loose your phone service after the back up power supply dies and that's not acceptable to me.  Their ludacris recommendation was for me to buy a generator.  People should not be forced to switch over.  And if I opt to keep my landline I should be able to do so and still be able to have Fios internet.  I have had service with Verizon for 48 years, and this is the worst customer service I have ever received.

I am a little confused on your post.

you said you woke up this morning to no internet? What internet? DSL or Fios fibre internet?

in this same post you want to keep your phone as copper because you fear a long outage would disable your telephone service. To use the battery backup unit pkaced on the phone it would last around 8+ hours. However if you buy a APC from a computer store they cost from $99 up to $400 but will give around 16 hours of backup power. That maybe what to look into.

in your post you state you should be able to keep your landline as (copper) and use verizon fios for internet. I believe verizon is not sustaining the old when they have better technology. 

But that is my opinion and based on some google search facts.

0 Likes
PetersonLiving

I have a similar but different issue which I will not explain in detail except to say the issue has resulted outages l ou as of income finally inability to continue to work from home academic and later work related research basic communication and  total disconnect from current media non flakey knot local news and A $200 /ZMOBILR  BILL (  in ADDITION TO the 129 for Verizon dsl/ land line I'm forced to byt BUY THEY WONT RUN OR REPAIR COPPER LINES CAPPED SPEEDS ) ETC.  LOSS OF LONE A D NUMBER BC OF SCHEDULES REPAIR ATTEMPTS INATALLATIN APPTS THAT NE EE HAPPEN OR TECHS COME SERVICE OUTSIDE LINES WHEN ISSUE IS IMPROPPER INSTALL FOLLOWING AN INCOMPLETE  REPAIR (lines run behind bathroom walls consequently they need to be replaced every few years...) * oh did u know they use to offer a data port for $10 requires no lines be in home no phone but I NEED INTERNET NOT PHONE. 

ALLL THIS FOR WHAT IS ESSENTAIAL APEED OF AOL DIAL UP circa 1990's.... but I digress.

For roughly 3 years I too went. Ack and forth with verizon until finally I have up Rece NJ fly I again am faced with the same nonsense. 

I DOBT KNOW A COMPLAINT LINE BUT.  

0 Likes
mahermusic

Is there any way you can proofread your post for spelling errors BEFORE you post it? I want to try and help you, but you lost me a third of the way through... I just couldn't understand what you are typing. Please try again and make sure your spelling/message is correct and clear so we can help you!

0 Likes
EEE13

SAME EXACT PROBLEM HERE ON LONG ISLAND!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes