Verizon Usage Verification Center
confuse22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone know what exactly does this center do beside letting you know that you have a unusual high phone bill? I recently had to talk to this center twice and the experiences were not pleasant at all.  I upgraded my slow internet service to a faster internet speed and that is where my trouble begin.  Now I'm afraid to do any changes to my existing services.  During the upgrading process, my international calling plan was removed from my account.  I made two international calls for the holiday to my long distance family resulted in over $1000 international call charges.  I have world 300 before the internet upgrade until Verizon removed it from my plan without letting know.  And this is not the first time Verizon change my service plan without notifying me.

The first time the usage verification center called me to let me know I made a over $500 international call.  It was the day after my internet upgrade went into effect.  The usage verification center agent told me over the phone that I had no international calling plan.  I was in shock because when I ordered the internet upgrade I specifically ask to keep my international calling plan.  I asked the usage verification center agent to double check for me then she reassured me that I had a international calling plan.  

My second international call was on December 31 to wish my oversea family a happy new year.  Except the new year wasn't happy at all.  Lord behold!! I got another email from the usage verification center but this time the center block out my international call.  When I call back, they told me that it was my fault to make the calls without the international plan then transferred me to payment center.  The billing center agent helped me filed a dispute/claim for the excessive charges.  She was suppose to transfer me to service so I can have the international calling plan place back on my service plan.  I was transferred back to usage verification center.  At this point I am the human ping pong ball for the different Verizon departments.  I was bounced back and forward between usage verification, sales/service, and billing.  Finally I thought this was all behind me until I received my January bill.  Not only my claim from December was denied because the adjustment was not on my January bill.  

The 2 international call I made still total amount to over $1000.  I called billing again trying to resolve this was only be told by another agent on the phone....You made the call! You should paid for it!  All I want it in the beginning was to upgrade my internet service and still keep my international calling plan.  I thought that was made clear.  I got off the phone with a supervisor that promise all this will be made right.  After been bouncing between different agents, I have my doubts on that.  I'm suppose be receiving a email on the adjustment within 7 days....Who know if that will happen.  All I have is their words and is beginning to sound like lies.  Can the customer service agent do that to their customer??? Telling lies!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Usage Verification Center
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello confuse22,

We're glad you were able to get all your credits. Let us know in a new public post if you ever need help with anything else.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
confuse22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, all my questions have been answer. Thanks again for your help. 

0 Likes
confuse22
Enthusiast - Level 2

The service I received was fantastic. You and your team have change my negative view on Verizon's customer service. I was treated with courtesy, professionally, and patiently. Thanks for staying with me throughout this ordeal. You and your team are the best.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes