Verizon Wont fix Copper Lines
LLT1

[W]e are seeing increasing numbers of dissatisfied customers whose service goes out when it rains or who simply have no dial tone at all. We know the reasons why — the cable is bad and needs to be replaced; air pressure systems are not working property; and backup batteries are not replaced when they wear out. But we are powerless to make the changes that would provide good service to customers because Verizon is not willing to spend the money, or hire the people needed, to repair the service. Instead, we’re told to install VoiceLink for voice-only customers and allow the copper network to deteriorate even further

instead they will fire their technicians who try

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/10/verizon-workers-can-now-be-fired-if-they-fix-...

and refuse to fix it if you wont switch to fiber even is fiber isn't available in your area

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/04/verizons-fiber-is-the-only-fix-program-upgrad...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wont fix Copper Lines
Kibbitz

LLT - 

What's VoiceLink?   Is that what I'll wind up with? On one at Vz mentions anything but Fios and maybe "fiber".

I've been trying since 5/7 to get my copper land line repaired and only got the "tomorrow he'll come" runaround for 2 weeks.   

Why has NO ONE in 5 years told me that, given Vz's difficulty in maintaining copper, they will install (non-Fios) FIBER land line service at my current rate ($20 =$11 fees).

The weekly, glo$$y, brochures only coax me to sign up for Fios double/triple play @$79/89/mo.  I had to stumble on a rep who allowed the idea of a same-cost switch to fiber.

I'd rather have my copper line maintained and not have to worry about batteries, but after 2 weeks with this evasion game of theirs, I'll have to hold them at their word that the cost will be the same.  Am I fooling myself that they won't just install it and then crank up the fees?

0 Likes
mgico
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing the same problem for several years and am so completely exasperated and fed up. I do not understand how Verizon is able to get away with this. I often think they have to be the single worst company for customer service (for their size) that there is. I can't even get someone on the phone to report a problem very easily. It is so incredibly painful (and unfair) to deal with them. When I do suck it up and go through the excruciating process of persisting until I can speak with someone who sounds like they know what they are doing, I am told with so much seeming sincerity and sympathy that there will be a credit issued to my account for all of the days that my phone has been down (either with no dial tone at all or with so much static that the phone is not usable)--but there never is.

0 Likes
Worstever

I am having the same problem, getting different explanations & the run around with each new call. I have DSL internet that averages 0.8 Mbps for the last 6 months. Technician said line was at 30% and requires a street repair. Technician also said they should provide a free hotstop until fixed which I was initially told would take 30 days. Now my internet has been completely out/down for over a week. When I requested a hotspot first I was told this service is no longer available (despite being sold by Verizon online & in stores). Then I was told it was only available to Fios customers to which I explained I would get Fios if I could but it is not available to me & therefore I am completely stuck, should not be penalized and instead provided with a solution. Then I was told the hotspot is only available to Business customers. Also, was recently told it will take 60 days to resolve instead of 30. All the while I am being charged $70 a month for a non-existent service. Btw, lived in Paris for a while where you can get unlimited fiber for 29.99 euros a month and for 5 euros/month a cell plan that includes unlimited talk & text plus 20 gigs of 4gLTE - we can do better in this country.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Worstever,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes