Switch Account

Verizon World Plan 500

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verizon World Plan 500

Message 21 of 45
(5,480 Views)

I've Verizon World Plan 300. I dont see anyway to track how many minutes I've used and how many are left any where on verizon.com. I signed in , clicked on Home Phone , went everywhere but no luck. Also I checked call logs, it does show international number that I called to but does not show duration of the call. I've to call VZ call center every time I need to check on minutes. Please help. I like the service but dont want to overuse minutes. Please help!!!

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 22 of 45
(5,460 Views)

Don't know if it'll help (it seems Verizon has been aware of the issue for a long time & has changed nothing), but maybe go vote for the idea in the Idea Exchange section:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Better-monitoring-of-World-Plan-minutes/i...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Keep-track-of-international-phone-minutes...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 45
(5,413 Views)

since I've had the 300 mins world plan I've had no problems checking my minutes usage.  today is 4/10/11 and it's the first time I can't find out how minutes I've used for the month.   i called my verizon and was told  to call again on Monday when (hopefully) at least i could get a reason why i can't get this info.     after reading the other post on this problem, im just plain exasperated.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 24 of 45
(5,383 Views)

I just spent hours with verizon both phone and chat session. Obviously this has been an ongoing issue and both agent I spoke to prettends that ..."oh it should be under your phone feature".  I looked everywhere and i don't see anything at all about tracking my minutes used.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 25 of 45
(5,192 Views)

You were in the right screen but you missed it.  Under "My Verizon Services"/"Home Phone", you will see a link which says "Plan Details".  Click on it and it will show you your current usage and prior month usage.  The current usage, though may be delayed up to 1 day but it is still a good way to check where you're at in your balance.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 26 of 45
(5,152 Views)

I have not read the whole thread and not sure if the questions I ask here were already asked.

Why Verizon does not allow customers to setup a plain simple e-mail alert notification about usage of the World Plan minutes? For example I would love to get an e-mail notification when I get closer to the World Plan allowance limit, or a daily e-mail notification about used minutes.

The only answer that comes to my mind is that Verizon does not want you to easily track the usage and keep it under control. Verizon wants you to go over the limit as much as possible in order to cash in.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 45
(5,143 Views)

Wow, actually this works, for the first time ever I am able to see usage. It turns out I was using just half the minutes in order not to get over the allotment. I hope it keeps working but it would be nice if they we set up a email reminder! It would also be nice to have the plan details easily available not buried under some menus like that. 

@pinoycaller wrote:

You were in the right screen but you missed it.  Under "My Verizon Services"/"Home Phone", you will see a link which says "Plan Details".  Click on it and it will show you your current usage and prior month usage.  The current usage, though may be delayed up to 1 day but it is still a good way to check where you're at in your balance.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 28 of 45
(4,824 Views)

I just finished speaking to a Verizon representative.  Type:  myverizon.com\worldplanminutes.  You have to sign in on your account.  She told me that I had used 14 minutes.  When the page finally came up, it reflected the 14 minutes.  That should work.  I suggested to her that the billing staff should provide the website when a customer adds the service. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 29 of 45
(4,694 Views)

frank, i've followed your instructions and gets me nowhere to be able to track my usage.  could you please be more specific on which part of the next screen is the phone usage? it is very badly designed and i believe it a basic service to provide to customers to know how much is left before you start paying additional for used time

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 30 of 45
(4,662 Views)

How do I track how many minutes I used in my verizon world plan 500?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.