Verizon doesn't care
rshapella
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've had problems with noise and static on the line since before the hurricane.  A technician finally came out last Wed., Sept. 14, and said someone would return the next day with the right part.  No one came out.  Friday, Sept. 16 I called and was told we were fourth on the list for Saturday.  Still haven't seen a repair person and now our phone has been dead since Monday, Sept. 19.  Nothing from Verizon after repeated emails.  It is the worst customer service I have seen in a long time.  I've heard similar stories from friends recently.  But why should Verizon care?  Unless I want to switch to Comcast and go completely wireless, which I don't, Verizon has a monopoly.  The employees probably get phone service for free.  When you get something for free, it's not worth very much.  Still, I am thoroughly disgusted.

Re: Verizon doesn't care
defilm2
Enthusiast - Level 2
You don't need to use Verizon Digital Voice. If you don't use a Cheap-o ITSP like Vonage, you can actually get better service for less. I currently have a VOIP device (Called a PAP2T). It has a Ethernet port and 2 phone jacks. it comes pre-configured to connect to the provider. I have used Liquidity and VYLmedia.com. Both are good. (I have no relationship with either other than I am a customer). I connect my device, my phones and extensions, and I can get 4 lines in and 4 out. You can have up to 3 phone numbers. They can be in other states even. So I have a friend that has only local service in California, and used his Wireless phone for LD. TO make it convenient, since we talk all the time, I created a number in California in his area. Now he just dials the local number there and it rings my phone. You have all the Voicemail, call waiting, and as I mentioned, you can make multiple outbound calls, and receive multiple inbound... If you disable call waiting, and have more than one phone, and one phone is in use, when someone calls you, the other phone will ring. Someone can pick up that call and both conversations can continue. While both are busy, if you have a 3rd phone on the line, you can pick it up, you will get dial tone, and call someone and speak with them. That would be 2 outbound and 1 inbound, and you can have 4 in / 4 out. $27/mo flat rate, no surcharges, etc. It is clear as Verizon digital voice and it is far more reliable. I do expect Verizon will get more reliable... soon... in a few years... It is a big protocol change for them, but I do understand their installers/cable people are planning to strike again, which may have something to do with all these outages.... Perhaps not you your case, but with Ditial Voice... which is really just "Voice with SIP", verses "Voice wtih SS7" protocol.... We are their learning curve. These ITSP's have been providing digital voice for nearly 10 years now..... Check them out.... I am very happy.... My number is so easy to remember... You can choose from a whole host of area-codes and numbers as your main number, plus 2 additional anywhere in the US or Canada for free. Want Global calling... add $6, and you have 23 countries at no cost... Beats getting a bill for $21, and with Fees, surcharges, local, state and fed taxes, you have a $70 bill with no calls made... Oh, and the 911... is E911... you go directly to a 911 operator, not an interim call center... just like you would with Verizon... Good luck...
0 Likes
AllieUnhappy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, but how do you get internet service?  Where I live, there is no cable.  You have 3 choices: Verizon landline DSL, Verizon FIOS, or satellite.  Satellite is outrageously expensive.  Verizon in the only game in town and they don't care about their customers.

0 Likes
toast1

I feel your pain. Tomorrow is week 4 for me with no phone. I have no alternative options either. I had appointment for yesterday with Verizon Service, and was told I needed to be home between the hours of 8AM and 7PM. I took the day off from work and at 4:15 PM received a call that said they were runiing behind. Must be WAY behind because they have not shown up or called to update me. Verizon Customer Service is poor at best.

@AllieUnhappy wrote:

Ok, but how do you get internet service?  Where I live, there is no cable.  You have 3 choices: Verizon landline DSL, Verizon FIOS, or satellite.  Satellite is outrageously expensive.  Verizon in the only game in town and they don't care about their customers.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@toast wrote:

I feel your pain. Tomorrow is week 4 for me with no phone. I have no alternative options either. I had appointment for yesterday with Verizon Service, and was told I needed to be home between the hours of 8AM and 7PM. I took the day off from work and at 4:15 PM received a call that said they were runiing behind. Must be WAY behind because they have not shown up or called to update me. Verizon Customer Service is poor at best.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes