Verizon doesnt port over land line numbers
jnyc0957469
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched service from Verizon under my parents name to a new service under my own name due to the fact that Verizon was no longer going to service my old internet speed and that they were going to charge us extra to keep the old speed and to upgrade our speed; a lose-lose situation. Instead of switching over to a new provider like I should have, I decided to sign up for a new account with Verizon under my own name to update our service. Before completing this transition I called Verizon to speak to them about being able to port over my old landline number to the new service and I was assured that I would be able to after a period of time after my servive was disconnected. After my service was disconnected and the new service connected, I called to have my number ported over but they said that I was not able to because the service was not yet disconnected which was understandable because it was on the same day that my new service was installed (11/17/16). A work order was placed on this day and a detailed note was supposedly placed in my account so that the next time I called the representative would be clear of the situation.  I was later told the work order was placed but was marked as completed although no service changes were made. When I called back on 11/21, I spoke to a representative Sara and her supervisor Sue who assured me that I would be able to have my number ported over from my parent's old account after they gave a verbal okay, which was provided, and that a work order was placed to have the number ported over that day for a fee of $22 and change. I called again on 11/22/16 because the order was not completed and was subsequently told by manager Mary that there were no notes or work orders regarding the previous order and that the number was not available to be ported over because the account was disconnected and they could only port over the number if the accout was active. She also threatened to hang up on me after I asked to speak to her supervisor. 

There is an incredible disconnect between the information I recieved on all 4 separate occasions in which I called and it is egregious. Not only does this company not have any standardization, they lie and trick you into their service by making assurances that are not true.  

Re: Verizon doesnt port over land line numbers
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jnyc0957469,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes