Verizon is making changes to my telephone without EVER RECEIVING AUTHRORIZATION!
mercedes11

On Saturday May 11, 2014, my husband called Verizon to have a telephone number blocked from our home telephone.  During this call a sales representative asked my husband if he was interested in FIOS cable service.  At this point my husband passed the telephone to me and I completed the call block enhancement.  Then the sales representative proceeded to ask me if we were interested in Fios services.  I explained to him that I was satisfied with Comcast cable services and I knew that Fios only covered three televisions for their promotions.  He said how many televisions do you have and I said five televisions.  He said we can accommodate that and I can give you a better price than what you are currently paying. He said you will pay only $211.00 for your current telephone service, internet and the new cable service.  It soundd good to me since I already had my copper wire service  and the internet service.  I told him again I did not want Fios on my telephone and he said that I could keep my current telephone service (Freedom Essentials).  I NEVER authorized to switch to Fios for my telephone service.

We have not had any telephone service since last week.  I have called repeatedly to find out the problem with my telephone.  Only to be told that we are converting your phone to Fios and I am constantly explaining to everyone that I have spoken with that this service was NEVER authorized by me or my husband.  All of the customer service reps and the technicians have said that you are still on copper I can see the order.  However, I am without telephone service.  A technician came to my house and said it is nothing that I can do to help you someone downtown has put your service on Fios.  I called customer service and a technician on my cell phone while he was here they authorized him to put it on copper.  He said he could not perform this service because he did not have an order.   Then I receive an email stating that the Verizon repair request was closed.  I still have no telephone service.  My 90 year old mother lives with me and I have no telephone service because verizon is trying to make changes to my telephone that was NEVER authorized.  I need to have my home telephone services restored and put back on my copper wire.  I really hope that verizon records the telephone calls.  I have spoken to over 15 people on this issue with no results.

Thank You

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is making changes to my telephone without EVER RECEIVING AUTHRORIZATION!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is making changes to my telephone without EVER RECEIVING AUTHRORIZATION!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Travis10

I am not suprised in the slightest.  They love to make changes on your service and force you to pay whatever they want.  Typical verizon.

0 Likes