Verizon's Outrageously Incompetent Repair/Change of Order Service
UpsetCustomer1

S.O.S.  CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET VERIZON TO RESTORE MY LANDLINES WHICH HAVE BEEN INOPERABLE SINCE TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20.

Last June my life was normal.  Had five residential lines in my home office working fine.  Three had a hunting feature.  I was then solicited by a Verizon rep to switch to digital voice.  She assured me it WOULD not affect my hunting feature.  She was WRONG.  Immediately after they switched me over, I had no more hunting feature and I called, and called and called --- to make a long story short -- they don't have a hunting feature on a residential, digital voice line.  They said the only way I could hunt would be to convert the three lines I wanted to hunt to small business so I placed the order last week.  I assumed it would be a simple.  After all,l they had converted me to digital in a flash so why couldn't they convert me back to whatever I had before in a flash?  They were supposed to come out on Monday (12/20).  They did not.  I called and was told Tuesday (December 21).  Another NO SHOW but they had actually shut off ALL five of my lines at 6:00 that morning and NONE of them have been working since (it is now 12/24).  When I finally reached a techon Tuesday (Blake)  I told him to cancel my order to change 3 lines to commercial and restore all lines to residential.  He said no problem -- someone would be at my home on 12/22 to restore the service.  It didn't happen -- another full day without phons.  I called back again and they apologized and said someone would be out on 12/23.  Someone did come but it was someone who had been given my business phone order.  At this point I was just happy to get those phones back up and running so I told him to go ahead.  It was then that he told me he would only be able to "install" on of the business lines I requested because he was only given a ticket for 2 (not 3 business lines) and the other one he was supposed to install had to be activated internally (whatever that meant).  Before he left, I checked the line he said he installed and was thrilled it had a dial tone WITHOUT REALIZING at that time that I could call out but that NOONE could use the number to call in.  I was back on the phone trying to find someone from Verizon to fix the problem.  NO LUCK.  It is now December 24.  I tried to call Verizon repair and went on-line but was told they are closed for the Holiday.  I have been without ANY PHONE SERVICE since Tuesday and apparently have to wait until Monday.  My problem is that I have called 22 different Verizon phone numbers in an attempt to fix my problem  On every occasion I have to wait while I input the same info OVER AND OVER AND OVER and then when someone comes on the line they tell me that have to transfer me and then I have to start again.  I have spoke with people in Texas and Illinois and so many other states I can't remember.  i CAN'T GET ANYONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.   Would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so, did you finally get some relief and HOW?  I would give you a phone number to contact me but none of them work.  Deborah Ruge

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Outrageously Incompetent Repair/Change of Order Service
UpsetCustomer1

Thanks for the reply and please keep me posted.  I am resolved to the fact that I won't have any land line phones until at least Monday.  I got the same phone run around.  I am in the state of New Jersey.  It would be helpful to know what state you are in.  I am definitely filing a consumer complaint.  I have been with Verizon for years and have paid them dearly for my high speed internet; 4 fios cable boxes; 5 land lines and 5 cell phones.  You would think the least they could do is get my order done correctly.

I will also keep you posted.

Deb Ruge

0 Likes
UpsetCustomer1

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's circumstances.  I finally called the State of New Jersey Public Utility Commission and they are looking into the situation.  Something needs to be done.  This is not right.

0 Likes
andimeshki

I have had my home land line since GTE was in South Cal, then unfortunately Verizzzzon monster took over and our problems had started. We have had no phone service since early 12/2010. Also have a TROUBLE TICKET openned with a promise of repair for 12/22/2010.I use my home line for online interpretation of
languages. Since I haven't worked for 2 weeks now, I am behind my rent, my payments and other problems. It was clear that Verizzzon had no intention of repairing our phone line . I have tested my box behind the house, it was not from wall wiring .
Problem is from Verizzzon cable to my house. I have been calling Verizzzon on
regular basis throughout December. Wait it horrendous, varies between 85 minutes to 3 hours. Mostly you will get workers that are very rude and who contradict each other. Michelle is one of them at Repair Dept. of South Cal who told me" to go to hell." Last time 12/28/10 spoke with Mrs.Rodrigues, who was their manager, she said I had a priority ticket. Guess she lied like the rest of Verizon employees. My phone still not working and has lots of static on it.
Verizon needs to compensate me for lost income, provide me a letter addressed to my employer explaining reason for lost work hours and a letter of apology from Verizon for insult  and rude language by its employees.

0 Likes
UpsetCustomer1

Was so sorry to hear about your horrible experience with Verizon.  Something definitely needs to be done.  Based on the many complaints I have received thus far, it is abundantly clear that their left hand does not know what their right hand is doing and noone cares.  If I have enuf energy to take this further, I am hopeful I can count on you to register your complaints with the property authority.

Sincerely,

Deb Ruge

0 Likes
MESHKI

I come back soliciting your patronage. I wrote in my last post about lies and cheats of VERIZON repairing my home line which incipiently use to make a living.

Here are the facts:

1-Four years out of work,due to unemployment and ailment.

2-I found this job of doing online interpretation, I need a working landline. My employer does not allow use of cell phones, VOIP due to confidentiality, reliability of connection.

3-Verizon has a monopoly over geographical area, i.e AT&T will not provide landline servie here.

4-Today I am in receipt of a letter from employer that reads: Unsatisfactory Attendance. In a nut shell, when I spent countless hours on my cell phone begging Verizon to fix my landline, I was chalked up as absentee by my bosses.

QUESTION: WHO IS AT FAULT?

0 Likes