Verizon voicemail as second option
Kinz2

I have an answering machine that is easier to use than Verizon voicemail, so I want to use that.  But I'd like to have Verizon voicemail as the backup in case I'm on the phone when I get a call.  I've just switched from Comcast, and I was able to do this.  I've tried making Verizon's ring count 6 and my answering machine 5, but that didn't work - the Verizon voicemail still kicks in.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon voicemail as second option
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I use Vonage Service and do exactly what you want to accomplish.  

I have my answering machine answer on 4 rings and my Vonage voice mail answer after 40 seconds.

Works everytime without issue.  Any reason you can't change your answering machine to 4 rings and leave Verizon at 6 and see if that works?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon voicemail as second option
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Kinz wrote:

I have an answering machine that is easier to use than Verizon voicemail, so I want to use that.  But I'd like to have Verizon voicemail as the backup in case I'm on the phone when I get a call.  I've just switched from Comcast, and I was able to do this.  I've tried making Verizon's ring count 6 and my answering machine 5, but that didn't work - the Verizon voicemail still kicks in.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks

I do exactly this without any problem.  I set it up some time ago so I'm not sure, but I think I had to call CS and ask them to set the number of rings before Verizon Voice Mail kicked in.  This is with Verizon Freedom Phone Service NOT Digital Voice.

0 Likes