Verizon won't honor my contract...I'm going to the local news and the FCC
BethH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Friday I called Verizon because our 2 yr contract was expiring and, frankly, I didn't want to renew.  I just wanted to know what my options were as far as disconnecting our FIOS services.  I have had two years of nothing but troubles with Verizon and wanted to be rid of them.  However, I ended up speaking of {edited for privacy} from the Rentention Department, who offered me a very good deal to stay.  And, I have a confirmation number for that contract.  Within two hours after I got off the phone with her, we lost our phone service as, even though she verified with me that we were keeping our copper phone, the system switched us to a FIOS phone.  This is Tuesday night. I can make phone calls out, but incoming callers are now told our phone service has been disconnected.  I called tonight and spoke with "Mike" who told me that Verizon would not honor the contract that Maureen gave me.  To say the least, I am infuriated.  I have already contacted a friend of mine who is a reporter for our local news channel, and will be contacting the FCC tomorrow regarding possible legal implications.

Re: Verizon won't honor my contract...I'm going to the local news and the FCC
BethH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after almost 6 days, someone from the management level finally had our service restored.  Our new contract is still not going to be honored, but she is going to try to come up with something that will entice me to stay with Verizon.  We'll see...

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

BethH,

We are glad that you now have your services back.  We value you as a customer and will work to get the contract that you were promised or a comparible contract.  Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
BethH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:  I have my phone service back, but got screwed over by Verizon.  When they wiped the new agreement from their system, they also canceled my original two year contract one month prematurely.  Juanita threatened me with an early termination fee if I didn't accept one of her offers, which were not good.  Guess what......I have the email copies of the agreement  that I entered into with Maureen, that Verizon says doesn't exist anymore.  And Verizon is now charging me more for this month than if they had not touched my original contract.  And, according to my attorney, they prematurely canceled my original two year agreement without a "meeting of the minds."

In addition to speaking with him, I have held true to my promise and filed a complaint to the FCC, the Public Service Commission, the Attorney General's Office, and sent  copies to the reporter at our local news channel, and our two Senators, because I truly feel this company needs to be investigated.

Good job,Verizon!

0 Likes
BethH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

My main objective, at this point, is to get free from Verizon FIOS as soon as I can get an internet connection established with another provider.

0 Likes
MaMomma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Goes to show how little business knowledge or care for loyal customers Verizon has.  You may also want to resort to the blogsphere, Facebook, Twitter, newspaper websites, tv station discussion rooms, and any other places you can post your story.  Use social media to get the attention of the agencies who are supposed to protect consumers from deceptive business practices like there.  Call again and tell your politicians that if they don't jump in, you'd be more than happy to testify to their lack of response to constituents during their next election campaign.  Good luck!

0 Likes