Switch Account

Verizon won't port my copper landline phone number to Verizon FiOS

Verizon won't port my copper landline phone number to Verizon FiOS

Contributor WillieD
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(872 Views)

I am in Manhattan and have had a copper landline serviced by Verizon for over 20 years.  About 6 years ago, I switched to IDT because it was much cheaper.  But it is still a Verizon CO and Verizon employees who have come to service the line.

I am now getting set to activate Verizon FiOS phone service, but the agent has notified me that the database will not allow the phone number to be ported over.  (I did a quick check on the Vonage website and saw that it would be permitted there).

I had consulted this forum and found a very similar situation, with apparent solution:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/Help-Verizon-won-t-port-old-phone-number-over-to-my-FIOS-house/m-p/406175

but the specifics of the solution were not listed.

Thank you all for any assistance!

Best,

Willie D

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(696 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.