Verizon won't port my phone number to my new provider
pbf2

I've been calling Verizon for the last month and a half trying to try and figure out why they won't move my small foundation's phone number over to our new service provider. They have rejected the VSP four separate times, each time with no explanation. Working with the new provider, who thankfully has been helpful, it might be because there's a mismatch between the name on the account Verizon has and on the new account. I've been trying to get Verizon to change the name on the account (it was previously the foundation's founder, how has since passed away) but they have: offered a solution that didn't work, hung up on me, told me to hold for two minutes and put me on hold for 80 minutes and hung up on me, and not called me back after telling me they were fixing it. I've spent hours on hold and wasted days trying to figure this out. I'm about to file an FCC complaint because this has just become ridiculous. We're trying to keep the number as there are older folks that have it can continue to call the right place. I'd love any help than anyone can share! It seems that even if I can land on a solution, the representatives on the line won't help. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't port my phone number to my new provider
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pbf,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes