Verizon won't release my number
daveupset

Verizon, I am a long time wireless customer (4 users) and a 29 year customer for our landline service. My copper landline is being discontinued. We had the number for 29 years and you wont release it??? I simply want to use an internet service for landline phone and you stated you will not release my number. Why???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't release my number
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers

Read the above link. Verizon cannot refuse to port your number under federal and state regulations.

i would call your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and tell them what is going on. They as well as the feds can make verizon release the number to the provider of your choice.

http://www.fcc.gov

file an online complaint as well. Remember not to have the phone number removed. If you need to port it has to be active. 

0 Likes
Solstyce

They transferred my husband's number but not mine today. They want another bill. Money hungry. Been on phone all day. Chat says one thing, phone rep says another. No one will let me speak to a supervisor. I've been doing this for 3 days now. I've a brain injury and seizure disorder. Last night I had one, years have taught me unconsciously to call my husband if he's not home, they found me 2 blocks away in my pajamas at 1am looking for him. 

VERIZON KNOWS THIS.

20+ YEARS WITH YOU? NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. THANK GOODNESS I'M DISABLED AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN FILE ADA, ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THEN ONE WITH THE FCC. ONE PORTING PIN PER ACCT. WHY ONE NUMBER ONLY? VERIZON IS OVERPRICED AND INCONVENIENT AND DANGEROUS. 

RUN FAR FAR FAR AWAY.

0 Likes
Solstyce

FCC AND ADA COMPLIANT FILED THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Solstyce,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes