Voice Mail Access
CharlieTuna1

The last time I tried to access voicemail there was a new recorded message.  Instead of asking me for my password, the message asked for my mailbox identifier.  When I  entered my passsword, the call was cancelled.  What is my mailbox identifier?

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail Access
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try your phone number.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Charlie, were you trying to call in while away from home? What gs0b stated is correct, but it's a little more involved.

From page 20 of the Fios Digital Voice User's guide; second link under Learn More. You will have to download it, it doesn't open into a new window or tab.

"To listen to your messages:

1. Dial the FiOS Digital Voice Mail system at 1.888.2FIOSVM (1.888.234.6786) or *86 from your home phone.

2. When calling while away from home, you will have to enter your mailbox number (your 10-digit telephone number) followed by #.

3. Enter your Passcode, followed by #.

4. At the Main Menu, press 1 to listen to your messages.

5. You can press 1 to replay the message, 2 to save it, or 3 to delete it. (See the menu map on pages 39 and 40 for other options during and after message playback.) "

If you don't want to dowload the Guide, this information can also be found by going to the Main Menu on your TV (Press the Menu button on your remote):

Main Menu >Customer Support >Phone >Voice Mail Access Number >Press OK to launch.

Apologies for the blurriness.

The instructions are different.

• If you're asked again for the mailbox identifer I would just try inputing your home phone number then the #.
  • If you're not asked, try the # before, and after your home phone number.
0 Likes
CharlieTuna1

Anak:  Thanks for the reply.  To answer your question, I was calling in from home.

Unfortunately, I am not a Fios customer, so when I called the access number you provided and entered my telephone number when prompted, my number was not recognized.

My voicemail access number is {edited for privacy} and I can use that number to access the voicemail system.  In the past, when reaching the system, I have been prompted to enter my password.  Now, the message asks me to enter my "mailbox identifier".  I've tried entering both the password and my 10-digit phone number, but as soon as i enter the first digit, the call is terminated. I have no idea what the mailbox identifier is. 

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

You state "Unfortunately, I am not a Fios customer", but you are a Vz customer aren't you? What type of Vz voice mail do you have, analog, digital, wireless?

• Have you tried the # especially before you start entering numbers, even if your prompted? The format would be... #  (123) - 456 - 7890  #

I noticed in my email notification to your reply that you have four numbers in your prefix was that an error of omission? If not that may be the problem.

Not to worry, even though Elizabeth edited it out for privacy, I won't be bugging you.

If we can't get this figured out, the only other ways that I can think of are:

• Call the Customer Support number that you have, you may need your voicemail password reset: Verizon Support
  • Elevate your thread to a Verizon agent. Be very diligent if this happens and follow their instructions carefully.
0 Likes
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

okay, this post is old, but in case anyone is still having this question, I'll reply.

When the voicemail system asks for a voicemail identifier it means you have enabled Multiple Mailbox or Sub mailboxes. Sub mailboxes allow you to share your voicemail with more than one person. (example: Hi, you've reached the Smith's for John press 1, for Susan, press 2, or to leave a message in the family mailbox press 0). Sub mailboxes are usually any number between 1 and 8, and the main mailbox is usually 0.

When prompted for your mailbox identifier, enter your sub mailbox number (0, or 1-8) then you will be prompted for your PIN to login. If you need more help, call repair service at 1-800-VERIZON.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes