Voice Mail Issues
BostonBeans

Since my recent voice mail upgrade, callers to my home phone are prompted to reenter the 10 digit number prior to being allowed to enter a message.  How can this be removed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Mail Issues
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In most areas, by default Verizon provides audio message waiting indicator (which is a stutter dial-tone, some phones detect this tone and display a blinking light or message, others don't). If you always want the message waiting indicator, call Verizon and ask for Visual Message Waiting Indicator (or technically known as CLASS FSK Message Waiting Indicator). This type of message waiting indicator sends a signal down your phone line to activate the message waiting lamp (the technology used is similar to the way caller ID works).

I had to special order this feature myself. I got the impression it was not a common request, but the agent did eventually find it and get it working. So be patient if they need extra time to "research" or ask a supervisor about the feature. 

Depending on your area and the services you subscribe to, Verizon may also provide additional notification options such as Outcall Notification (where voicemail calls you to alert you of new messages), Pager Notification (if you're still living in 1990 and have a pager), and SMS wireless notification (which will send a text message to your cellphone when you have a new message). These extra features, if available can be found in your mailbox settings menu under notification options. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
samj2

No answer, just reporting that I'm having the same issue.  Also, I noticed now when I call into my voicemail I need to enter in my phone number and then my password.  It used to be I only had to enter in my password to get into my voicemail box.  Both of these things are super annoying and I'm wondering it they both started at the same time!!  But I'm mostly concerned about the fact that folks calling me have to dial my number twice essentially to leave a message if I don't answer.  Super weird and terrible!!

0 Likes
sboots

Same issue here intermittently *and* more annoying, there is no longer any indication that there is a voice mail waiting. 

0 Likes
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This means your new mailbox is either not setup or has not been provisioned on the new server. Try dialing your access number, if you get the same generic message, you will need to contact Verizon repair and tell them your mailbox is not provisioned on the server. They will need to submit a ticket to the Verizon voicemail repair group. If you are prompted with a new mailbox setup menu, setup your mailbox by following the prompts and it should resolve the issue your callers hear. If you are prompted for a temporary passcode, it is usually the last 4 digits of your home telephone number. Hope this helps and hope your mailbox is working for you soon. If not, if you look in your local Verizon phone book, there should be an 800 number somewhere in the first few pages you can call for unresolved issues. The executive relations team is very good at follow-up.

0 Likes
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In most areas, by default Verizon provides audio message waiting indicator (which is a stutter dial-tone, some phones detect this tone and display a blinking light or message, others don't). If you always want the message waiting indicator, call Verizon and ask for Visual Message Waiting Indicator (or technically known as CLASS FSK Message Waiting Indicator). This type of message waiting indicator sends a signal down your phone line to activate the message waiting lamp (the technology used is similar to the way caller ID works).

I had to special order this feature myself. I got the impression it was not a common request, but the agent did eventually find it and get it working. So be patient if they need extra time to "research" or ask a supervisor about the feature. 

Depending on your area and the services you subscribe to, Verizon may also provide additional notification options such as Outcall Notification (where voicemail calls you to alert you of new messages), Pager Notification (if you're still living in 1990 and have a pager), and SMS wireless notification (which will send a text message to your cellphone when you have a new message). These extra features, if available can be found in your mailbox settings menu under notification options. 

0 Likes