Voice announcement on caller ID
curly376
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Freedom Essentials calling plan and recently upgraded to DSL service.  I have always had caller ID which comes up on the TV, but now with DSL I get a voice announcement on the base station phone (ATT E5965C portable base).  This is very annoying, how can I turn it off without loosing the ID feature on my TV?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice announcement on caller ID
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You will have to refer to the instructions that came with your phone or contact the manufacturer. The phone receives the caller ID information just like other caller ID devices and your TV. Once the phone receives that information, it has additional capabilities that does a text-to-speech conversion and plays it out loud. This has nothing to do with the verizon service so I apologize for not having any additional information to provide you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You will have to refer to the instructions that came with your phone or contact the manufacturer. The phone receives the caller ID information just like other caller ID devices and your TV. Once the phone receives that information, it has additional capabilities that does a text-to-speech conversion and plays it out loud. This has nothing to do with the verizon service so I apologize for not having any additional information to provide you.

0 Likes
curly376
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
Thanks Anthony_VZ, I appreciate your help.