Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work

redhorseridge
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work

Message 1 of 3
(2,979 Views)

When callers leave messages on my verizon voice mail (land line) there is no stutter tone or message light to indicate there are messages waiting.  I found a "solution" on Verizon's support page that suggested I delete all messages and then call my own number, leave a message, and see if that solves the problem.  First, I can't call my own number; I get a series of 5 beeps and then the line goes dead.  So I used my cell phone to call the home phone and leave a message, but still no stutter dial tone.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work

Message 2 of 3
(2,931 Views)

Hi there, I am pretty sure you are going to have to call that one in, or use the online chat at the bottom of the web page.  Online chat is pretty good, and usually can fix problems in a similar fashion as the over the phone guys.   Click the contact us link that Verizon has at the bottom of the page.   

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work

Message 3 of 3
(2,826 Views)

@redhorseridge wrote:

When callers leave messages on my verizon voice mail (land line) there is no stutter tone or message light to indicate there are messages waiting.  I found a "solution" on Verizon's support page that suggested I delete all messages and then call my own number, leave a message, and see if that solves the problem.  First, I can't call my own number; I get a series of 5 beeps and then the line goes dead.  So I used my cell phone to call the home phone and leave a message, but still no stutter dial tone.

Any suggestions?

If you have digital voice, there is a setting for this.  Logon to MyVerizon and manage your phone service.  Under VoiceMail setting, there is VoiceMail Notification option.  Check "Light message light and/or change dial tone to stutter (where available)" and save the update.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.