Voice mail indicators not working
GaryQuiring1
Contributor - Level 1

I just signed up for the Triple play package a couple of days ago.  I do not get a studdered ring tone or message indicator light on my caller id box.  I have left several messages for myself and nothing tells me I have voice mail. 

I would be nice if Verizon could also offer an email to tell you have new voice mail.  I know they have text messaging but I don't use my cell much. 

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail indicators not working
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

The Audible Message Waiting Indicator and Visual Message Waiting Indicator are features that must be present on your account to be programmed into the switch. If neither are working, you may want to contact customer service / billing to make sure those features are present.

You can get online voice mail using either Verizon Call Assistant www.verizon.com/callassistant for POTS or Fios Voice Account Manager http://www.verizon.com/fiosvoice for Fios Digital Voice.

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail indicators not working
kepha

Kevin:

I have been trying for over 3 weeks now to get the visual messsage indicator turned on for my phone (I also have the Triple play plan). After 8 conversations and numerous assurances that it is only 24-48 hours away from working, I still have no visual voicemail alert.

What EXACTLY will it take for someone at Verizon to actually perform the necessary steps to make this work? Yes, my phone is FSK compatible and yes, it is set correctly. I keep getting plenty of excuses and conflicting information. Bottom line is no one seems to know what they are doing and no one has been able to get this service going. I would think that a service that I am going to be charged $.50 a month for wouldn't be that difficult to activate......

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes