Voice mail issue
larlar

I rebundled my phone,tv,internet and now I can't get my voice mail to work. I can access my mailbox but the phone just rings and doesn't go to voice mail.

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail issue
dkhenry12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wish I had that problem.  I WANT my voicemail to not work.  I want it all to go to our answering machine.  Now I have the voicemail and answering machine conflicting w/ eachother.

Anyone know how to disable the voicemail feature?

Thanks,

DK

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you would still like busy calls to be picked up by voice mail (since your answering machine can't pick up those calls), set your answering machine to pick up in less rings than your call forwarding to voice mail.  Then calls you don't answer will go to the answering machine, and only calls when your line is busy will go to the voice mail.   If your voice mail call forwarding ring cycle is too short to do this, you may be able to adjust the rings yourself depending on where you live.  Check your user guide  to see if there are directions for changing the ring count.  If not, then you will need to call your local business office to have the ring count changed.

If you don't want voice mail at all, you'll have to call your local business office and have it removed.  The phone number to call is on your bill.

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should report to Verizon repair.  Something happened to your call forwarding during the rebundle.

0 Likes
lseltzer

You MUST call customer service to have them change the number of rings that voicemail will answer on. I believe the default is 6 rings.

However, I've been having problems with voicemail NOT picking up at all at times. This is due to some larger issue in Virginia, according to my escalation team at Verizon. 10 months...nothing...no fix...no updates, nothing.

Back to the PSC to file a complaint.

Larry Seltzer

0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you have the "One Point Voicemail" in your Freedom plan (if not, you can upgrade for free) you can chng the amount of rings til your vm picks up by pressing 58#. you'll hear a series of starburst dial tone, thats the system asking you how many rings you'd like it to pick up by. press the number you want. (so if you think its going to take you 5, press 5.   if you dont really care for the srvc press 9, most people hang up by then. lol)

If you dont have OPVM, you can call into the center 800-483-4000 and we can either remove the srvc, or manage the rings (usual cost is $1/mo - depending on state)

hope this helps!

-K

0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you are dialing your voicemail access number (not ur #) and it just rings and rings, then somethings wrong with the system for EVERYONE in your central office. Report it to repair just in case they arent aware yet.

If you are dialing your OWN number and its not forwarding over then contact repair. 800-483-1000

Double check with ur myverizon acct (verizon.com) or with Cust srvc to make sure its still on ur acct 800-483-4000 just in case something was changed recently on your acct if you've had any problems recently.

hope this helps.

-K

0 Likes