Voicemail Notification Calls
joshsadams007

I am getting a phone call from an automated verizon system every time I receive a voicemail on my home phone. If I ignore the call (which I have to do while at work) it just keeps calling and calling until I answer it and check the voicemail. When I answer the call, it says something along the lines of "This is verizon notifying you of a special delivery message. Please enter your passcode" It is very annoying and I cannot for the life of me find where to turn this off. I checked the Verizon Call Assistant, but only see EMAIL notifications, not phone notifications. Email notifications are turned off in the VCA. I tried the verizon chat, but the person on the other end of the chat had no idea what was going on, and told me to contact verizon wireless. Verizon Wireless has no clue either.

Can someone please tell me where to turn off these dang phone calls.

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Notification Calls
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

You seem to be getting voicemail notifications if you got to page 14 of the manual  for Digital voice it tells you after email notifications after the 7 bulletpoint.  https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf  Please  let us know if you need further assistance .

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Notification Calls
joshsadams007

I am still getting these calls. They were calling my google voice number, and I was able to place a block on all the numbers, so for a few months it was not a problem anymore. Now all of a sudden it is calling my actual verizon wireless cell phone number. I have made no changes other than recently renewing my Verizon FIOS.

The post that TonyaD_VZ made stated that it is part verizon digital voice. I do not have digital voice with my FIOS package, I have Verizon Freedom Essentials. On page 14 of the manual it stated to call a number from your home phone to change the notifications. When I call that number, it states my number is not signed up for digital voice.

Before I had FIOS, I did have digital voice, and I beleive this is when I set up the voicemail notifications. Once I got FIOS I got rid of digital voice and moved the number into my FIOS Freedom Essentials Package.

It would seem there is still a remnant of digital voice as these phone calls are still hapepning.

PLEASE make them stop. They call multiple times a day at very inconvenient times while I am at work. If this continues I will be forced to cancel my verizon wireless phones and move to another carrier that doesnt harass people with never ending calls that wont stop.

0 Likes