Voicemail Wireless Account Not Available
tcmjem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm currently not able to access my Voicemail.

I recently tried out Google Voice but didn't like it because it was too hard to set up.  I tried going back to regular Verizon Voice Mail and now I'm having problems.

When I call *86 or my own number from my cell phone, I get an automated message telling me the Verizon Wireless Account I'm trying to reach is unavailable at this time.  I never get a chance to access my voicemail.

In order to install Google Voice on Verizon, I dialed these numbers:

• *71[Your Google Voice number] -- This turns on Conditional Forwarding, which should transfer calls to your Google Voice number when your Verizon phone is busy or unanswered after 3 to 6 rings.
    • *90[Your Google Voice number] -- This turns on Busy Transfer, which transfers all calls that would hear a busy signal to your Google Voice number.
    • *92[Your Google Voice number] -- This turns on No Answer Transfer, which transfers all calls unanswered after 3 to 6 rings to your Google Voice number

I have already uninstalled Google Voice from my phone, and deactivated the numbers I called above by calling:

• To Deactivate the Call Forwarding, dial *73 [Send]
  • To Deactivate the Busy Transfer, dial *900 [Send]
  • To Deactivate the No Answer Transfer, dial *902 [Send]

When I call my cell phone number from another phone, I am able to leave a voicemail on the Verizon voicemail, and my phone notifies me there is a voicemail available.  Also, if I call my own number from another number, hit # and enter my password, I can hear my Verizon voicemails.  The only problem I seem to be having is accessing my Voicemail from my cell phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Wireless Account Not Available
tcmjem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about that, I had seen another similar issue posted here and didn't check the forum name close enough.

Just had the issue resolved by calling customer service.  Did a soft reset, dialed *900, then *86 to access my voicemail and it worked.

Please delete this thread if possible, it's no longer necessary, I apologize for posting in the wrong place, I hate when people do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tcmjem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also just changed plans to the "More Everything" plan, and this is my first time trying Verizon's voicemail under the new plan, not sure if that matters.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, these boards are for Verizon residential services (FiOS, DSL, phone).  You might want to try the Verizon wireless boards.

Click on "wireless" at the top of these pages to switch.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tcmjem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about that, I had seen another similar issue posted here and didn't check the forum name close enough.

Just had the issue resolved by calling customer service.  Did a soft reset, dialed *900, then *86 to access my voicemail and it worked.

Please delete this thread if possible, it's no longer necessary, I apologize for posting in the wrong place, I hate when people do that.

0 Likes