Voicemail not wanted
thezerks

I just found out Verizon Voicemail is recording messages for me. I do not subscribe to VM! I cannot get into VM because I do not subscribe to it, but it recorded messages when my answering machine was inadvertantly turned off. I jus read where the sign that there are messages in VM is the dial tone  is an unsteady tone when you pick up the phone. Mine has done that for years but I did not think anything of it.

I almost missed an important meeting because the message was left on VM. When a famiily member asked me what was wrong with my answering machine because the message was a female voice, that is what go me to look into this. Now I cannot get a "REAL PERSON" on support to talk to about this.

Is there any way to get a "REAL PERSON" to talk to

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not wanted
RachaelB

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
thezerks

I was looking for a "user" to help me (a user) . I am looking for help getting to a "Real Person" at Verizon and thought maybe someone here could help.

I guess the forum is just as bad as Verizon.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Most of us didn't answer you because the only way known to do this is to get through to regular account support, and they are on strike.

I made sure on my original order that they did not give me Voicemail.  If you don't want it you don't have to have it.   If you don't want it but have it now, you you have  to get account (not tech) support to remove it.  Some people will suggest ways to get your answering machine to answer before verizon voicemail.  But, as you hinted, sometimes your voicemail ends up on Verizon voicemail any way.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

Try simply dialing your own phone number. Your voicemail greeting should answer. Then press * while the greeting is still going. It will then ask you for your temporary passcode. If you truly have never set up your voicemailbox, it should be either the last four digits of your phone number or your phone number minus the area code (7 digits). Once you get into your VM box you can listen to and erase any messages that are in there, which will get rid of the stutter dial tone. You can also go into the mailbox options and set the ring count to the maximum of 8. This means the VM will not pick up until after 8 rings, giving your answering machine plenty of time to answer. This is just a temporary solution until you can get it cancelled altogether but it may make things a little easier for you.

0 Likes
thezerks

that worked.

I thought I would get an email notice of this forum message. I am glad I came back in to check this.

0 Likes