Voicemail on the Computer
terry610

I have 2 networked computers. One has Vista and IE9. The other has XP with IE8.

I want to use fiosvoice to play voicemail messages on my computers.

On the Vista machine all I have to do is click on the run button at the end of each entry and the voicemail message plays automatically. I think it is the greatest thing!

However - on the XP machine when I click on the run button the little player device pops up and just sits there doing nothing even when I click on the devices run button.

I got very frustrated and downloaded Chrome and Firefox and tried running fiosvoice on them. I did get a message saying the certificate was invalid but I ran it anyway. The device pops up on each and when I click on the popup device button it will play the voicemail message after a delay.

So basically - nothing plays using IE8 and XP but it does run grudgingly using Firefox and Chrome.

I need it to work on IE8. Upgrading IE8 to IE9 is not possible using XP.

I did also reset Internet Explorer and also I have the latest version of Java installed.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail on the Computer
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles listening to the voicemail. To see if an add on is interfering with your playback please run IE with no addons. If you are still having problem, send a private message to alert me of the situation.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail on the Computer
terry610

Hi,

I went into Tools, Manage Addons and disabled all the addons.

Restarted IE8 and got the same result.

It has the same popup as on my other computer but nothing happens.

0 Likes