Voicemail suddenly not working
tripleg1

When someone calls and the call goes to voicemail they do not hear the normal greeting to leave a message. Instead they hear "Please enter your passcode" and that is it. This is a standard landline (not fios).

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail suddenly not working
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There could be a couple things going on. In any situation, we do need some account information. I have copied your post to a private support so we can get it. Please refer all correspondences there.

0 Likes
mukroc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem.  I contacted the online agent here who told me to go to the Troubleshooting site, which was no use at all.  I then called Verizon directly and received an automated voice who created a trouble ticket.  I would like to know why it is so difficult to talk to an actual person on the phone to resolve this problem??????  For a tele communications company, navigating your website or trying to contact a live person is horrible.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the delays. I see a few days have past since your original post. Did you still need assistance? Please reply back if so because we would love to help.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@tripleg wrote:

When someone calls and the call goes to voicemail they do not hear the normal greeting to leave a message. Instead they hear "Please enter your passcode" and that is it. This is a standard landline (not fios).

Any suggestions?

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
J_A_S

I have the same problem that has been posted by others.  Outside callers cannot leave a message on voicemail because the automated system asks for name and password, just as it does when setting up the voicemail.  I have searched diligently to find a solution that I could handle, but the Verizon support system provides no help whatsoever.  I would love to know if those who have posted before have found a way to fix the problem, or a contact number at Verizon to call.  J_A_S

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles with your voicemail service. Are you still having troubles? Reply back if so that way we can assist as needed.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not working since before storm
seanaanderson

When people call 718-623-0933 the VM tells them to call back and when they do they get the same message to call back. I have not gotten and voice mails since i reported this issue right before the storm.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not working since before storm
seanaanderson

I tried to report this issue on the site as recommended but this option is not available. the system only lets you report a problem listed. 

0 Likes
LauraHol

I have the same problem that a person had back in June.  Out of the blue, my voicemail switched over to an automated voice not my personal greeting.  No one will leave a message because it says to enter this mailbox press star and gives them the options of changing things if they have a password.  Their other option is to redial my phone number - (that is what your tech support person suggested).  Automated calling for drs offices, pharmacies for prescription renewals, etc. do not have the option of redialing my number cuz they don't recognize what the phone is asking. Most people just get a beep and leave a message WHY is verizon suddenly making everything to hard for people to want to stay with their services. And forget trying to get to anyone to talk to that has any more knowledge then what I can get by going onto the website.

0 Likes