Re: Voicemail suddenly not working
dayshft

I called yesterday after a friend informed me she could not leave voicemail (NY) and I called a friend in Texas and had the same problem. They issued a ticket and they are working on it....supposed to be fix by tonight - we'll see....

@tripleg wrote:

When someone calls and the call goes to voicemail they do not hear the normal greeting to leave a message. Instead they hear "Please enter your passcode" and that is it. This is a standard landline (not fios).

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
trisha60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  Has any one found a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
waiting4rezultz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing same problem with voice mail that you had in 2012.  How was it resolved?

Thanks!

Answerneeded

0 Likes
Voicemail broken "Welcome to Verizon Voice Messaging Service..." instead of my voicemail
Murphredo

When someone calls me, and the call goes to voicemail, the call is not forwarded to my voicemail.  Instead they hear "Welcome to Verizon Voice Messaging Service.  If you want to leave a message, please redial the number of the person you are calling..." 

This is a standard landline (not fios).

I phoned Verizon 10 hours ago, but was shunted to an automated system that promised to run a check on the line, and then it forwarded me to sales and wanted to pitch new services to me.  How annoying.

It's been 48 hours without my voicemail.

How do I get Verizon to fix this??

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail broken "Welcome to Verizon Voice Messaging Service..." instead of my voicema
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
mlr1978

Same issue has been going on intermittently... I reported it and it was eventually repaired over 2 months ago, but now keeps returning. --- Voicemail is a critical service and this issue needs to be investigated on a more widespread basis and several users have experienced the same problem.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes