What types of calls can never be blocked?
al4827
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have heard that some types of calls cannot be blocked using the digital phone blocking feature calling list.  Is this really true and if so how does the caller circumvent the blocking?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What types of calls can never be blocked?
jonjones1
Legend

@al4827 wrote:

I have heard that some types of calls cannot be blocked using the digital phone blocking feature calling list.  Is this really true and if so how does the caller circumvent the blocking?

Thanks!

Not sure if this still applies. 800 numbers, operator dialed calls, emergency services numbers. However with the advent of spoofing a simple mask of the callers numbers many times will get through. Technology knows ways to block, and that same technology is used to unblock. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@al4827 wrote:

Thanks!

Not sure if this still applies. 800 numbers, operator dialed calls, emergency services numbers. However with the advent of spoofing a simple mask of the callers numbers many times will get through. Technology knows ways to block, and that same technology is used to unblock. 

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also keep in mind the way you go about blocking numbers also plays a role on how well the number get's blocked.

There are two types of blocking:

Incoming Caller ID Block: dial *67 after the call comes through and is either missed or hung up on.

• Works for all types of the phone service if the feature is available to you
  • This relies on the caller ID in order to block an incoming call.
  • It can be circumvented by spoofing the caller id or calling from a different number whose caller ID is different

Call Block: Enabled by going to http://www.verizon.com/fiosvoice , the My FiOS App, or through your STB under Menu > FiOS Voice 

• Using your TV will only work after signing into the website at least once and completing the initial setup
  • Only works specifically for FiOS Digital Voice subscribers
  • Relies on the number in order to block the incoming call, despite changes to the caller ID
  • Can be circumvented by calling from a different number
0 Likes