Where are the detailed instructions for how a second phone line will work ?
jerry12s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where can I find detailed operating instructions for a second phone line ?

1. If I am using the first line, and I get a call on the second line, will I be able to pick up (second line) ?

2. Will one voicemail system work for both lines ?  Do I pay for just one voicemail system ?

3. Can I turn of the ring for either phone line with FIOS digital voice ?  (do not disturb on 1  or both lines)

4. Is the second line just an additional ring and phone number or do I have to establish and pay for separate long distance and separate calling features. For example, do I pay for caller ID separately for each line ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are the detailed instructions for how a second phone line will work ?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@jerry12s wrote:

Where can I find detailed operating instructions for a second phone line ?

1. If I am using the first line, and I get a call on the second line, will I be able to pick up (second line) ?

2. Will one voicemail system work for both lines ?  Do I pay for just one voicemail system ?

3. Can I turn of the ring for either phone line with FIOS digital voice ?  (do not disturb on 1  or both lines)

4. Is the second line just an additional ring and phone number or do I have to establish and pay for separate long distance and separate calling features. For example, do I pay for caller ID separately for each line ?

1) If you have a completely separate second line, then yes.

2) There will be separate voicemails. We offer basic voicemail service for free for all phone lines

3)You can either turn off the ringer to any phone you using the phone itself. You wont hear a ring, but it will still ring on the callers end then go to voicemail. You can turn on the Do Not Disturb feature which will send the call directly to voicemail.

4) When you say "Is the second line just an additional ring and phone number" , you are not describing a second phone line. You are describing a distinctive ring or virtual number. You still only have 1 phone line, just 2 telephone numbers to access it. If you have a completely separate line, then you would need to pay for separate LD and calling features. 

0 Likes
jerry12s
Enthusiast - Level 1

With FIOS digital voice, distinctive ring ( and a second virtual phone # ), my understanding is that I can send either phone # to voicemail using Do Not Disturb

Can the second phone # (virtual phone #) be an existing phone # ?  ; for example can I transfer a Verizon LAN phone # from another residence and thus disconnect that phone # in that other residence ? Like if my relative no longer needs a phone in his/her residence, but they would like their phone # to be transferred to my residence as a distinctive ring ?

Thanks so much for reviewing this.

0 Likes
jerry12s
Enthusiast - Level 1

With FIOS digital voice, distinctive ring ( and a second virtual phone # ), my understanding is that I can send either phone # to voicemail using Do Not Disturb

Can the second phone # (virtual phone #) be an existing phone # ? ; for example can I transfer a Verizon LAN phone # from another residence and thus disconnect that phone # in that other residence ? Like if my relative no longer needs a phone in his/her residence, but they would like their phone # to be transferred to my residence as a distinctive ring ?

Thanks so much for reviewing this.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

So you want to port their number to your distinctive ring. that is curious and would need to be answered by sales. Technically I dont see why that would be a problem.