Where to file complaint when the local office is not responding? Trouble for >3 months
BakingDude

My phone line developed an annoying hum in early November.  Two different technicians came out, and the second said all the pairs were "bad".  A splicer came and said everything was fine, then the following day agreed there was a hum on the line.  Gave me his supervisor's number.  Two weeks go by, and I hear nothing.  Call the supervisor and leave multiple messages over a week.  No reply.  Finally get another supervisor who comes out, hears the hum and tells me it is "power influence" - suggests there is a bonding issue.  There are several bonds, and it may take awhile to find the problem.

Also, the power line ground cable is wrapped around the phone cable down the street, and further there is a large tree that has been on the phone line for over two years.  He says he will put requests in to have both of those taken care of, but he will get started on the bonding checks.

Flash forward to two weeks ago, when my phone line started going "open" during calls - loud hum replaced voice.  People calling got a busy signal, and the line would stay down for a half hour at a time (loud hum in place of dial tone).  Called the supervisor and left two messages, which he has not returned.  He told me previously if I filed another repair request at the 800#,  he would delete it from the system.  I personally got the power line untangled and away from the phone cable a week ago - no improvement.  I left a message with the supervisor to this effect, and asked him to call me to update me on where we stand.  No reply.  I am going to cut the tree off the VZ cable today, but don't expect any improvement in the hum.

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET VZ TO FIX MY STREET CABLE/CONNECTION?  I am at my wits end, and feel like I have no further recourse.  This situation is ridiculous.  3 months is absurd to get a problem repaired.  I lose phone service for 30 minutes at a time, deal with an annoying hum all the time.  And my DSL pops in and out.  The only saving grace in any of this is that when the phone line becomes totally unuseable due to the very loud hum, the DSL still works.  But I need my phone to work.

0 Likes
Re: Where to file complaint when the local office is not responding? Trouble for >3 months
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Where to file complaint when the local office is not responding? Trouble for >3 months
BakingDude

Thank you.

0 Likes