Why Do I Still Have A Dial Tone
sawpits

Number ported to AT&T cell, confirmed all around. So why is there still a dial tone on the landline? Called out to another cell, my old landline number shows.

Called repairs, as I was advised on online chat with Verizon. The run around, she tells me the line is not owned by Verizon, mentions Cingular. Try and point out this was a landline up until two days ago and over 60 years in the family. Holding recent Verizon bill in hand, she says I'm not going to argue with you, not too interested in helping. Ask for supervisor, many minutes on hold, then a disconnect. Why is there a dial tone, anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Why Do I Still Have A Dial Tone
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Re: Why Do I Still Have A Dial Tone
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad we could provide you assistance on this issue, sawpits.

If you'd like us to revisit this issue, here on the forums, feel free to make a new post. We'll be sure to have it looked into.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes