Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've received repeated calls today from a blocked number but the calls continued immediately after I hung up.

Finally, I let it go through to my answering machine.

It's a pitch to visit Verizon Perks!

Why does Verizon telemarket its own customer, especially when it sends out so much junk mail to people who are already Triple Play and./or FiOS customers? And why so aggressive and persistent?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?
Hubrisnxs
Legend
You can Opt out of verizon marketing -  866 483-9700 
Also when logged into your own account on the home page, under your bill - is account actions .  go there and click on account tools and then scroll down the list.   in that list is an option on the right underneath privay policy called called  
  • Change Verizon Broadband Preferences --  Click that and you can change how and when you get email offers. 
  • 0 Likes
    Re: Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?
    mdcatdad
    Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the telephone number, but it doesn't offer an option to specifically opt out of telemarketing and gives Verizon another 30 days to comply.

I don't mind e-mails so much, as one can simply delete them; the same with junk (postal) mail - just throw it away.

But aggressive telemarketing - even to the point of calling back seconds after I hang up the phone - is an obnoxious way for a company to treat their customers.

0 Likes