Switch Account

Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?

Message 1 of 3
(989 Views)

I've received repeated calls today from a blocked number but the calls continued immediately after I hung up.

Finally, I let it go through to my answering machine.

It's a pitch to visit Verizon Perks!

Why does Verizon telemarket its own customer, especially when it sends out so much junk mail to people who are already Triple Play and./or FiOS customers? And why so aggressive and persistent?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?

Message 2 of 3
(959 Views)

You can Opt out of verizon marketing -  866 483-9700 
Also when logged into your own account on the home page, under your bill - is account actions .  go there and click on account tools and then scroll down the list.   in that list is an option on the right underneath privay policy called called  
  • Change Verizon Broadband Preferences --  Click that and you can change how and when you get email offers. 
  •  

Highlighted
    Nickel Contributor
    Nickel Contributor

Re: Why is Verizon telemarketing its own customers?

Message 3 of 3
    (947 Views)

Thanks for the telephone number, but it doesn't offer an option to specifically opt out of telemarketing and gives Verizon another 30 days to comply.

I don't mind e-mails so much, as one can simply delete them; the same with junk (postal) mail - just throw it away.

But aggressive telemarketing - even to the point of calling back seconds after I hang up the phone - is an obnoxious way for a company to treat their customers.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
    Covid19

Browse Categories
    Categories:
    Verizon Troubleshooters
    Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.