Switch Account

Why no Digital Voice?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1 of 5
(2,335 Views)

I've been trying to get Digital Voice for almost 4 years and it says I have it on my account info, however I don't and when I called they said it's not available in my location, but my neighbor has it?

4 REPLIES 4
Copper Contributor ramsey76
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(2,287 Views)

If you have an older ONT ( the box on the side of your house) then it may nor support digital voice.

You can ask Verizon to upgrade it for you

This might also work, upgrade to a higher internet speed ,  a newer  ONT is required

After you get the new ONT, you can downgrade your internet speed

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(2,283 Views)

@ramsey76 wrote:

If you have an older ONT ( the box on the side of your house) then it may nor support digital voice.

You can ask Verizon to upgrade it for you

This might also work, upgrade to a higher internet speed ,  a newer  ONT is required

After you get the new ONT, you can downgrade your internet speed

I'm in a complex with several other units. All have internal ONT's - Just renewed for 2 yrs and

was told tthat hey checked and digital voice *was* available. We have Quantum 50 and plan

on keeping it. The person down the hall has digital voice and same ONT as we have ?!?!

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 5
(2,269 Views)

I just spoke with a tech and he just switched it on - all is fine now!

Copper Contributor ramsey76
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(2,267 Views)

My understanding is that if you the higher speed ONT , then you get digital voice

we had an older ONT ( we were the second FIOSin our town) and we upgraded to the higher speed and we ordwered digital voice the next day,

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.