Will discontinue FIOS service due to the amount of telemarketing on my Verizon phone
MarkDR1

I have had the same phone number for years, ported it over to Verizon when I was finally able to get FIOS, now I cant even watch my new FIOS tv because I am bombarded with phone calls all day long from people trying to sell me stuff.

I have called the number to put the phone on the do not call list etc etc, yet they still come, getting worse and worse. 

Im afraid I lost my number to telemarketers due to Verizon and it will need to be changed. And it will be changed to another provider and Im going back to cable. This is a pathetic way to treat new customers. Really disappointing. 

Bye Bye FIOS! 😞

0 Likes
Re: Will discontinue FIOS service due to the amount of telemarketing on my Verizon phone
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customes here.

One of the great features of FiOS Digital Voice is simultaneous ring.  WIth this feature, incoming calls can ring at your home and be forwarded to other numbers at the same time.  This is particularly useful for zapping telemarketing calls, as it enables the use of nomorobo.com.

nomorobo.com is a *free* service that works with phone lines that have simultaneous ring.  You setup your line to ring nomorobo.com's servers as well as your home phone.  When a call comes in, their servers check the incoming number against their database of telemarketers.  If it matches, they pickup and play back a recorded message.  At your end, you hear one ring and then nothing.  Telemarketer zapped.

Zero cost to you, other than having to wait for two rings before you pickup any calls.  It works great.  Goto http://nomorobo.com and signup.  Your telemarketing woes will be gone.

Enjoy.

Re: Will discontinue FIOS service due to the amount of telemarketing on my Verizon phone
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I am failing to see the connection between Verizon and the telemarketer's phonecalls. Why are you blaming Verizon?

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

set up DO NOT DISTRUB online,  you can active and delete anytime you want until the calls ........

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

FiOs is better, are you want to cancel the service,think about it.  you want to change any carrier, it is the same the telemarket call will still come in.  use Nomorobo call but works with simuhauors ring with another phone,   I think you better set up Do not distrub. you can active and delete any time you want.

0 Likes
dedoug

I have the same issue. Never had any unsolicited calls until I ported my number over to Verizon.  I have had Verizon for one week and have received no less than 25 calls. Another issue is that I work nights and sleep days and these calls wake me up. Im regretting that I switched to Verizon.

0 Likes