Winback Order Disaster
nittahkachee

As a Verizon retiree I have never been so embarrassed at the level of incompetence, indifference, and ducking of responsibility displayed by Verizon's customer service department. I got my elderly father-in-law to go back to Verizon service in Southern California and it was a disaster from the start. The original triple play order was not worked on the day it was supposed to be, but was done within a few days. DirectTV did go out and do the install, which I found later never was completed correctly. The Verizon order meanwhile somehow fell out of your system generating a disconnect of service. On calling Verizon my wife was transferred many times with no one passing along any info so she had to keep repeating the whole story. She has spent upwards of 12 hours talking to Verizon reps with still no satisfaction. My father-in-law has lost his number he has had for almost 40 years, and it has yet to be recovered. No representatives have followed thru with callbacks or followups, no one including supervisors will take any responsibility for anything. 

My father-in-law just wants his service to work as it did before so I am trying, but as yet not making much headway. I am ashamed and embarrassed for the company I worked for, and sad that I will probably have to go to the Public Utilities Commission to get this resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: Winback Order Disaster
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Winback Disaster pt. 2
nittahkachee

Jess, I don't think this should  be closed yet. Can you verify that all the Verizon services have been disconnected and a return mailer sent out for the Verizon modem as we previously discussed? This has not been completely resolved yet until there is no further billing and no lost or missing equipment. I posted in my previous note the tracking number of the returned modem from your first accidentally cancelled order and don't want to find my father-in-law billed for it. Part of this mess was the first order that you accidentally cancelled. I want to be sure that he receives no install charges for the services. We have no qualms paying for the services he used, but will not accept early termination fees and install charges. 

Please follow up and don't leave me to start another chat to complete the resolution. 

0 Likes
Re: Winback Disaster pt. 2
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nittahkachee,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes